Congrats to Quick; Ties Kings All-Time Playoff Win Record

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Putting things into perspective, Hrudey got his 26th win in his 53rd postseason game, tonight was just Jonathan Quick's 40th postseason game.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Wouldn't choose another goalie in the league. None of the goals tonight were on him and he made some spectacular saves as usual. I love Jonathan Quick.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
Quick.jpg

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I was talking with a former NHL goalie and asked him this question, is it possible that we have a generational talent in Quick? He said that he can't believe it himself but he feels that we absolutely may indeed have one in Quick and that when it is all said and done we may have a very very good one to boot.

It was Cap Raeder. If anyone remembers him he was once our goalie coach.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
What makes one truly appreciate Quick is to look back at all of the average to below average goaltenders the Kings had to struggle with in the post-Hrudey era, going back to Grant Fuhr, Jamie Storr, Stephane Fiset, Felix Potvin (I liked him but man did he get lit up in Game 7 against Colorado in 2001 and 2002), Roman Cechmanek, Cristobal Huet, Erik Ersberg, Mathieu Garon, Jason LaBarbera, and other unnamed goaltenders who we'd all like to forget about. That's a lot period of incompetence in net.

It's comforting to see that he can still perform at a high level after signing a long-term contract that pretty much sets up the rest of his hockey playing career (or at least a good chunk of it). To think that he was a 3rd round pick is what is astonishing. Seven goaltenders were selected ahead of Quick. I'd say outside of the first round selections (who were Price and Rask) those five other NHL clubs are kicking themselves hard for passing on Quick.

Captain Mittens*

What makes one truly appreciate Quick is to look back at all of the average to below average goaltenders the Kings had to struggle with in the post-Hrudey era, going back to Grant Fuhr, Jamie Storr, Stephane Fiset, Felix Potvin (I liked him but man did he get lit up in Game 7 against Colorado in 2001 and 2002), Roman Cechmanek, Cristobal Huet, Erik Ersberg, Mathieu Garon, Jason LaBarbera, and other unnamed goaltenders who we'd all like to forget about. That's a lot period of incompetence in net.

You can't leave out Ryan "Red Wings Grear" Bach

bach.jpg

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

It's comforting to see that he can still perform at a high level after signing a long-term contract that pretty much sets up the rest of his hockey playing career (or at least a good chunk of it). To think that he was a 3rd round pick is what is astonishing. Seven goaltenders were selected ahead of Quick. I'd say outside of the first round selections (who were Price and Rask) those five other NHL clubs are kicking themselves hard for passing on Quick.

Some of those names I agree with Ziggy, some I don't because they were miscast or misused. Ersberg I think was a good backup, just had nowhere to go. Huet meanwhile was a lights out goalie for a few years after he left LA but before he went after the dough in Chicago.

LOLabarbera was just....yeah.

You can't leave out Ryan "Red Wings Grear" Bach

bach.jpg

One of the most funny, and most embarrassing, moments as a a Kings fan for me. :facepalm:

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Remember Bernier's mask he weared his first game this season against Anaheim? Couldn't they find something similar for the guy?

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Quick's demolishing of all the Kings goalie records well before he turns 30 should help put into perspective just how far the Kings have come.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Nothing to not like about quick unless you're David Perron's mother.

Love this man. The fact that he's broken so many records so soon just proves he's ALREADY cemented his place in Kings lore (ignoring the commentary on how awful our history has been with most goalies :laugh:). Well-deserved, and the way he's put the team on his back when needed is ALREADY up there with the all-time greats. He symbolizes everything about the character of this Kings team (heart, responsibility, fire) and I would not trade him for all the goalies in the league.

Plus, these were awesome

110483282_std.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille