Congrats Daniel Sedin! The New Franchise Leader For Goals!

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
GWG in Boston, for the Canucks' first win in TDG since January 2012 (?)... Couldn't be a better (regular season) time for him to break the record.

They won there last year, I don't know how Shorty didn't remember that on the broadcast. They've won 3 of their last 4 in that building.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
By far the best to be fair.

Naslund was my childhood hero and still my favourite Canucks to this day but Daniel Sedin is better.

The consistency and ability to return to form after a career altering injury (Keith elbow) has cemented that Daniel is the all time best LW this franchise has ever seen.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Where does Danny sit on the all time NHL OT goals list? I know he owns ours but he's gotta be pretty high up there with his 14? Or is it 15 OT winners? That's like a minimum 1 per season you can count on Danny winning it for Vancouver in OT.
Hank 4 games short of all time played, they should clear 1200 points total after their contracts are up. Can't ask for much more individually from these two guys, they've done pretty much everything

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Where does Danny sit on the all time NHL OT goals list? I know he owns ours but he's gotta be pretty high up there with his 14? Or is it 15 OT winners? That's like a minimum 1 per season you can count on Danny winning it for Vancouver in OT.
Hank 4 games short of all time played, they should clear 1200 points total after their contracts are up. Can't ask for much more individually from these two guys, they've done pretty much everything

6th all time, five back of Jagr's record. Ovie has 16 though.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
6th all time, five back of Jagr's record. Ovie has 16 though.

For a guy who gets no real credit even as a star most nights, that's quite impressive. So with 3 more years on their contracts, anyone else think he can get 3 more and close the gap on some of the greatest?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Not as long as we keep this 3v3 format. :laugh: :(

As fun and exciting it is, I really hope they develop the originally proposed 5 mins 4v4 then 5 mins 3v3 of OT. Put another 5 mins of timeout between OT periods and scrap the shootout. The OT works and has shown a lot of finished products. It also has a lot more meaning, more goals usually means higher pay days for most of these guys, I think the shootout has over stayed it's welcome and the gimmick has worn off.
With 10 mins of overtime more and more depth guys will see a few mins and get chances as well, with the icing rules already in place the OT periods could be easily sold by the NHL

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Given the way he's aging, if it weren't for some injuries, a shortened season and a Torts season, I wonder if a Golden Stick could have been in his future. Probably still not, but would have been a lot closer.

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
It's been a real treat to watch the Sedans all these years. By far my favourite players to ever wear the Canuck jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad