Conference Finals results:

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Here are the results of the conference finals.

New Jersey Devils vs Calgar Cowboys for the Red Fisher Conference title:

New Jersey Devils in 6 games

Three Stars:
1. Eddie Shore
2. Joe Sakic
3. Martin Brodeur

Montreal Canadiens vs Trail Smoke Eaters for the Jim Coleman Conference title:

Montreal Canadiens in 6 games

Three Stars:
1. Gordie Howe
2. Tim Horton
3. Johnny Bower

The finals will be New Jersey Devils vs Montreal Canadiens. New Jersey Devils have home ice advantage.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Totally forgot to vote. This time of year is brutally busy at work for me.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Thanks to everyone who voted for my Canadiens. The history forum is the best part of HFBoards and the draft is probably the best part of the history forum. The debates and analysis have been a lot of fun so far, any votes the Canadiens get are a nice bonus.

GBC, you have an incredible team that was well-managed and well-assembled. Trail Smoke's balance, depth and winning attitude makes it a formidable opponent for any team. Looking forward to seeing your team in the next draft. :cheers:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Congratulations to New Jersey and Montreal on winning the conference finals.

Obviously I'm disappointed with the result. I play hard, and I play to win. I wouldn't be doing my job as a GM if I didn't expect to win every series my team is involved in.

That being said, after getting a good look at the final rosters, and looking at the potential matchups, I knew that if I was going to win this thing, that Montreal was going to be the one team that I was going to have to beat. He had the combination of great coaching, a money goalie, (IMO) the best forward in the draft and the best 1-2-3 punch on defence in the draft.

There are two things I would have done differently in this draft: 1) Select a couple more gritty forwards for the top two lines; and 2) Invent a time machine to prevent Murphy2 from dealing Claghorn to HO.

Anyways, it's been a lot of fun. I think the playoff format adds a lot to the draft. I'm looking forward to All-Time Draft No. 7. But first, we have a champion to crown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad