Confirmed with Link: Comtois PTO (released)

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
When's the last time you had your prescription checked? :)
president-not-to-read.gif

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Crazy to think I would have given a first to pry this kid from the ducks 3 years ago. He was always the most noticeable Anaheim player every game against vgk.

Now he's shite? (And that's all I can speak on for the moment...)

Reactions: WhataKnight

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Based on what I've seen in the preseason, it ain't happening for Comtois in Vegas. But, who knows, maybe the organization has seen a glimmer of hope that is not observed by the novice eye.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Anybody hearing anything about Max. With the 2 D on IR and Denisenko clearing waivers that puts them at 21 for the start of the season and no extra D. They can probably only carry 22 with Whitecloud and Martinez on IR. If one of them has to go on LTIR then that would clear enough space to carry 23. Then when they come back Defenseman #9 and Pachal/Hutton/#14 forward would have to go down assuming everyone stays healthy. If we hear Comtois signing it probably means Whitecloud is heading for LTIR for the first month of the season.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Anybody hearing anything about Max. With the 2 D on IR and Denisenko clearing waivers that puts them at 21 for the start of the season and no extra D. They can probably only carry 22 with Whitecloud and Martinez on IR. If one of them has to go on LTIR then that would clear enough space to carry 23. Then when they come back Defenseman #9 and Pachal/Hutton/#14 forward would have to go down assuming everyone stays healthy. If we hear Comtois signing it probably means Whitecloud is heading for LTIR for the first month of the season.

I think they have to work the cap some these next few days. Whatever LTIR space they have but don't use to start the season, they lose for the entire season.

Like, if they have Lehner and Whitecloud on LTIR for 7.75 million to start but only use 6 million of it then our effective cap for the rest of the entire season is 1.75 million lower than the actual cap.

I think the best way to play the cap is to call up Saville (we have about 851k extra now and he makes 849k) for day one, bank all that space but the $2,016 dollars (the lost cap space for the year) then send Saville back down on day two and sign Comtois for 775k (it will be prorated to add the extra day to be like a 779k cap hit) then they can put Whitecloud on LTIR to open up that extra space for a few weeks.

But then even with everyone mostly healthy we would have the cap space to have a 24th player if someone is on IR and would have room to call up anyone from Henderson except Brisson, Mayo and Sedoff because they have cap hits over 900k. But there's no way to be able to avoid that at this point.

We would also have about 1.6 million for a deadline rental with a 23 man roster, so retention could help us net someone making around 3 million for reinforcements, or more if they pay for double retention.

EDIT: LOL they signed Demek for the exact amount of cap space they needed to spend, so they keep him up until day two, LTIR Whitecloud then and they can sign Comtois on day two for league minimum (with a little prorated bump to the cap hit.)

Last edited:
Reactions: CupInSIX

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't know if they want to go with a 14th forward unless they're really high on them. This team has hated losing depth on the back end since the days of carrying Reinhart as the 9th dman. Now that the depth is being tested right off the bat, I think Pachal is 8d when Cloudy is healthy(unless he plays his way off the team).

Having said that, watch them claim Johnston off waivers :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad