Compliance Buyouts

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
I think he has some value. But it's decreasing. We probably could have gotten a nice piece for him around Christmas. But any scout worth his salt can look through those 42 points and see how terrible Teddy was this year. And also, if they've been paying attention, how terrible he was for a large chunk of last year. I think a lot of us were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know I, personally, chalked it up to Teddy quitting on Boucher. But this season was a disaster. At no point did Teddy find chemistry with linemates, and in many cases, those same lines found chemistry as soon as he was replaced.

Sure, and those are the reasons why he'd be a reclamation project. He has talent. A team that needs to get to the cap floor and needs to fill some scoring lines could do worse than Purcell. I think you're right that scouts could probably unearth some other, more chemistry-forming-capable players that have talent, but Purcell's got some track record in the league and has demonstrated some offensive ability.

All to say that he doesn't hold so much negative value, I don't think, that the club would have to retain much salary.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
I would be glad with either Purcell or Carle being bought out. I look at Carle and I have a hard time trying to justify his mid pairing status and 5.5M contract. He brings little to the defensive side of the game besides stick checking. His offense skills are his assets but with a team such as the TBL and their firepower up front his point production (30+pts) should be alot more but does have a very good 1st pass out of the zone.
Purcell has just given up on the competitiveness portion of the game. Rarely is he busting his butt offensively or defensively and his skill level is rarely on display anymore. He goes through the motions. Between these two players that is 10M in cap space for questionable results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad