Complete 20 man roster for saturday

TheSeguinEra2010*

Team hasnt changed much from last season but with a few additions I see the lines something like this. CHanges from last season in bold

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
BOURQUE-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Caron

Chara-Boychuk
Hamilton-Seidenberg
Ference-McQuaid
Johnson

Rask
KHUDOBIN

This is my starting roster to the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions

McBrom7

FIRE IT UP!!
Jun 26, 2012
Looks good to me. Personally I think Bourque deserves another shot. I want him too do well so bad.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Spooner - Kelly - Peverley
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

I think Claude really likes Spooner and he'll do enough to stick this time, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bourque there opening night either, but I think we'll see Spooner up sooner than later. Bergeron's line gets the start due to fresher legs and just being better at this point.

Boychuk - Chara
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQaid
Johnson

Think Chara and Boychuk will start with Z logging his usual 25 and change a night in regulation. Boychuk will switch out with Seids and after a shift Z will switch out and on comes Hamilton. Dougie skates off and Ference pops on, Seids comes off shortly after then Quaider comes on, rinse and repeat.

Rask
Khudobin

Two words. Tuukka Time.

Seguin 85 point pace
Bergeron 73 "
Marchand 65 "
Lucic 59 "
Krejci 65 "
Horton 64 "
Spooner 34 "
Kelly 32 "
Peverley 56 "
Paille 18 "
Campbell 14 "
Thornton 9 "

Chara 52 "
Boychuk 23"
Seidenberg 38 "
Hamilton 27"
Ference 15"
McQuaid 13"

Rask 2.13 GAA .927 sv
Khudobin 2.29 GAA .932

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I'm with our buddy above, would love to see Bourque rejuvenate his career and he probably know inside this is his last crack at the big league. At the same time, I'd like to see what Spooner or Knight has to show us!

Personally, I don't think Lucic begins the season on one of the top 2 lines. He hasnt played anywhere since last May and it always takes him awhile to get his wheels going and his lungs. I realy hope Im wrong. Really really think Rask will be just fine, in fact he's my pick for the Vezina.

Just a couple Predictions

* Rask wins Vezina
* Seguin finishes top 5 in league in scoring.
* Bruins win Northeast
* Bourque do make the 3rd line. Julien likes his calmess and veteran leadership over the rookies. Spooner and Knight havegood camps but the bigsurprise is Sauve who turns out to be the 1st call up!

Happy and a very Healthy New Year to all my Bruin Buddies and to all visiters from other teams boards. GO BRUINS GO!!!!

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Team hasnt changed much from last season but with a few additions I see the lines something like this. CHanges from last season in bold

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
BOURQUE-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Caron

Chara-Boychuk
Hamilton-Seidenberg
Ference-McQuaid
Johnson

Rask
KHUDOBIN

This is my starting roster to the 2013 Stanley Cup Champions

My only change is Bartowski for Johnson and Spooner as the extra forward. I just think Bart is going to get that 7th d spot this year and learn to come in the way McQuaid used to back when we was the extra guy a few years back. I also think Spooner will be kept around for a week or so as a reward for his play in the AHL and what I'm presuming will be a strong camp.

Afam*

Lucic - Krejci - Horton

I think Claude really likes Spooner and he'll do enough to stick this time, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bourque there opening night either, but I think we'll see Spooner up sooner than later. Bergeron's line gets the start due to fresher legs and just being better at this point.

Boychuk - Chara
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQaid
Johnson

Think Chara and Boychuk will start with Z logging his usual 25 and change a night in regulation. Boychuk will switch out with Seids and after a shift Z will switch out and on comes Hamilton. Dougie skates off and Ference pops on, Seids comes off shortly after then Quaider comes on, rinse and repeat.

Rask
Khudobin

Two words. Tuukka Time.

Seguin 85 point pace
Bergeron 73 "
Marchand 65 "
Lucic 59 "
Krejci 65 "
Horton 64 "
Spooner 34 "
Kelly 32 "
Peverley 56 "
Paille 18 "
Campbell 14 "
Thornton 9 "

Chara 52 "
Boychuk 23"
Seidenberg 38 "
Hamilton 27"
Ference 15"
McQuaid 13"

Rask 2.13 GAA .927 sv
Khudobin 2.29 GAA .932

That lineup is ok but I have tyler seguin centering the Horton line instead. Also agree with the Hamilton seid pairing. I don't want Hamilton near Boychuk. Hamilton needs a season vet like seid to teach him the ropes and cover for his defensive mistakes, and not paired with a medicore defenseman in Boychuk.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Tyler Seguin hasn't been a regular center at any point in his professional career, CJ won't put him there now. The only way we see Seguin as a center for any stint of time is if Bergeron or Krejci gets injured. He has established himself as a dangerous winger with Bergeron and there he will remain, especially to start the season.

Just wait until Saturday :nod:

Edit: oh and, no where in my post do I have Hamilton playing with Boychuk

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
My only change is Bartowski for Johnson and Spooner as the extra forward. I just think Bart is going to get that 7th d spot this year and learn to come in the way McQuaid used to back when we was the extra guy a few years back. I also think Spooner will be kept around for a week or so as a reward for his play in the AHL and what I'm presuming will be a strong camp.

Bartkowski is going to have to play a lot better than he did in his brief stint last year to make this team. Maybe be's improved, we'll see.

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Tyler Seguin hasn't been a regular center at any point in his professional career, CJ won't put him there now. The only way we see Seguin as a center for any stint of time is if Bergeron or Krejci gets injured. He has established himself as a dangerous winger with Bergeron and there he will remain, especially to start the season.

Just wait until Saturday :nod:

Edit: oh and, no where in my post do I have Hamilton playing with Boychuk

I so badly want to see Seguin get a shot at center to see how well he can do there.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bartkowski is going to have to play a lot better than he did in his brief stint last year to make this team. Maybe be's improved, we'll see.

Honestly Bartkowski looks pretty in Providence, his skating is very good. I think personally he's just gotten a short stick in some of his games. He always seemed to get called up against the Pens and those games are never just run of the mill

I'm excited to see what Warsofsky can do, kid is a gamer

Gregah

Jan 29, 2009
For those that are penciling in Spooner for the 3rd line left wing spot, has he been playing wing or center in Providence? The big club is stacked at center. Even if we have an injury to Krecji or Bergeron, I would expect that Seguin to slide to the middle before they would open up a center spot for Spooner.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
For those that are penciling in Spooner for the 3rd line left wing spot, has he been playing wing or center in Providence? The big club is stacked at center. Even if we have an injury to Krecji or Bergeron, I would expect that Seguin to slide to the middle before they would open up a center spot for Spooner.

You'll see Peverley and Campbell taking that spot before Seguin.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

He'll play Wing if he makes it

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Is Hamilton even a lock to make the team? Never mind putting him on our second pairing. It seems like right out if the gate expectations are too high for this guy. I highly doubt you see him getting big minutes right out of the gate. CJ has a history of developing young talent slowly.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Is Hamilton even a lock to make the team? Never mind putting him on our second pairing. It seems like right out if the gate expectations are too high for this guy. I highly doubt you see him getting big minutes right out of the gate. CJ has a history of developing young talent slowly.

He won't be "on the second pairing" it's just that when he IS on the ice, he'll be with 44

Edit:

@NHLBruins: Lines same as Sunday at TD Garden. Here's a look at lines & D-pairings. Seidenberg has been skating with Hamilton.^CS http://t.co/jc4j8bEc

Last edited:

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Bourque-Kelly-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton
Pandolfo

Caron needs to put on better show in Providence, but he is first call up. MacDermid or Spooner are next depending on the need.

Chara-Boychuk
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Ference-McQuaid
Johnson

Bartkowski and Warsofsky are the call ups.

Rask
Khudobin

Svedberg is no.3

I love this team.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Hamilton is not ready for full time NHL duty and will probably be 7th D on Saturday ....as it should be.
Johnson is ahead of him IMO in the depth chart and will see action more than some think.

As far as Bourque, he was tried and retried and is getting like a rethreaded tire....

Caron/Spooner/Knight are the ones I would like to see in that first exhibition game...

I can see the Bruins going for a FA 3rd liner for next season....no need to rush the youth and no need either for rethreads.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Boychuk - Chara
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Ference - McQaid
Johnson

Rask
Khudobin

Two words. Tuukka Time.

Seguin 85 point pace
Bergeron 73 "
Marchand 65 "
Lucic 59 "
Krejci 65 "
Horton 64 "
Spooner 34 "
Kelly 32 "
Peverley 56 "
Paille 18 "
Campbell 14 "
Thornton 9 "

Chara 52 "
Boychuk 23"
Seidenberg 38 "
Hamilton 27"
Ference 15"
McQuaid 13"

Rask 2.13 GAA .927 sv
Khudobin 2.29 GAA .932

I agree with the general picture, but no way does Spooner get the first crack over Bourque. Opening-night decisions won't be based on upside but on some combination of reliability and merit. Too big a slap in the face, especially toward a guy who came here and has been a consistent performer leading the P-Bruins in scoring. Spooner is more like a Krejci-type talent with a Versteeg-like personality. This season is a sprint, and Bourque has earned the shot. Now as soon as Claude decides he needs physicality at third-line LW, he gets a report on Caron and, if he's not ready, he reviews how Tardif equipped himself in camp. It's more likely, though, that he'll mess with the lines. It's fully expected by Chiarelli that the lines are going to get messed with because it's unlikely that all three non-lockout wingers on the top two lines are going to perform up to par. I have one prediction: by February Peverley will be in the top six, and probably to stay. He looks ultra quick and snappy. Guys who didn't play, especially hulks like Lucic and Horton, are in trouble. Best they can do is not let their frustrations turn into bad penalties, just be good defensively and not get caught up in Steve Ott kind of crap.
I've been a big Bartkowski believer this season, but I'm also sure Julien's going to want to see what Johnson's got. Exelby's injured, don't know for how long. Hamilton will be given as much ice as his play warrants, just like you laid out. Warsofsky is here on merit, too small for the NHL. Krug has just enough muscle to survive, but W's got too small a frame. Only so much you can do with it. He's playing well, though, and deserves this look ahead of Krug, whose season has been up and down.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think Its Bourque's job to lose ...right now anyway.

Bourque will have first crack at filling the only vacancy among the forward lines. On June 23, the Bruins traded third-line left wing Benoit Pouliot to Tampa Bay. On Sunday, the 26-year-old Bourque practiced in Pouliot’s former spot on the No. 3 line alongside Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley.

“He makes plays,†coach Claude Julien said of Bourque. “He’s got good hockey sense, skates well. We saw him on the power play. He does some good things. We need to give this guy an opportunity to show that he can do it with us. Right now, we know he’s not a fourth-line player. He’s more of a top-three-line player. Right now, there’s a spot open there. We’re giving him that opportunity to maybe see if there’s some chemistry that can be built between those three.â€

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...nded-player/5wbKeAP4bJCDT4aREbazXP/story.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad