Complaining about refs

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMoMoney29

Aug 18, 2014
I have found the whining and complaining about the refs unbearable this year. Thats all the discussions are in the threads of any game played so far, if you go into social media posts that’s what all the comments are about and the arguing is about. It’s what I always got annoyed about with football and basketball it’s the same thing but this years Stanley cup playoffs have been just as bad whining and moaning about officiating. Maybe I’m a bit of a bias oiler fan as it’s more so gone our way imo but I don’t think it’s been as bad as everyone is making it out to be. So I ask can we stop complaining so much and maybe the actual bad calls we can bring attention to instead of every call or missed call being “terrible”. I just want to read and discuss the actual hockey being played. Or am I out to lunch and this is how it has always been.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Confirmation bias—everyone thinks that the refs are against them.

It's pretty pathetic.

Reactions: Holocene

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Complaining about refs is fun and cathartic. Any time fans of a team are complaining about the officials, just let 'em have it.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
We are not in a golden age of officiating by any stretch. Things have been bad, and the league and the NHLOA lack transparency, but complaining about refs in any sport is definitely quitter behavior. Bad calls eventually come out in the wash as everyone is victimized by them. Good teams overcome challenges posed by inconsistent officiating.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We aren’t going to do this. Stick to your series threads to discuss. Every fan base complains about the refs in some fashion at some point.

This will become nothing but a place to bash fans and fan bases. Not going there.

Sorry but…

IMG_4383.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad