Complaining about players...

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Hey we all want McEichel, this team to finish last but what? be competitive and lose every game by one goal? I actually saw a poster post he would be happy to lose if it was only by one goal and the games are competitive??? Say what?

This team is terrible, the players are not good. Last place teams are not competitive, that is what makes them terrible. I for one will not complain about any player this year. Any player who wants to help the tank and play terrible gets a pass in my books...why not?

If players are playing well and we have a good coach then kiss McEichel goodbye.
I am sick of the mediocre sabres and high end free agents don't want to come here.

Let the players tank, accept it, I may even give them a free pass next year too but when it is time to win the players who dont want to be a part, the players who want to float show them the door. Until then, why complain about players when this team is just flat out terrible.

McEichel or Bust. Time for us to get our generational talent for once.

Whose with me?

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Dumb. I want this team to be good as soon as possible. Players on this team don't have to pack it in to help the tank, it's already a guarentee based on the level of talent. We need to weed the completely useless players out as soon as possible.

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
I want McDavid or Eichel next year. Anything less is not worth it. I have been a fan since the spin of the wheel for Perreault. I spent my youth trying to purchase seats for the 1970"s Sabres, but couldn't because they were not for sale.

I have had season tickets since the year we drafted Pierre Turgeon. I'm not sure I have missed a game in 10 years (on TV or in person). That being said... This is the year that I want to finish last. The ultimate goal is to win the cup and no team in recent history has won without multiple top 5 picks. It's that simple. Finish last, pick top 2 guaranteed and spend for UFAs next year. I am all in.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey we all want McEichel, this team to finish last but what? be competitive and lose every game by one goal? I actually saw a poster post he would be happy to lose if it was only by one goal and the games are competitive??? Say what?

This team is terrible, the players are not good. Last place teams are not competitive, that is what makes them terrible. I for one will not complain about any player this year. Any player who wants to help the tank and play terrible gets a pass in my books...why not?

If players are playing well and we have a good coach then kiss McEichel goodbye.
I am sick of the mediocre sabres and high end free agents don't want to come here.

Let the players tank, accept it, I may even give them a free pass next year too but when it is time to win the players who dont want to be a part, the players who want to float show them the door. Until then, why complain about players when this team is just flat out terrible.

McEichel or Bust. Time for us to get our generational talent for once.

Whose with me?

Welcome to the 5th stage. Took you long enough :biglaugh:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Dumb. I want this team to be good as soon as possible. Players on this team don't have to pack it in to help the tank, it's already a guarentee based on the level of talent. We need to weed the completely useless players out as soon as possible.

So then you would be happy with this team not finishing last place. Dumb.

Very easy if players had career years this team could finish 24 or 25. I guess you dont follow the standings. Buffalo is only a few points from there. We dont need any heroes. If Steward, Hogdson and Moulson were on track for 20-25 goals along with Gionta and Foligno chipping in and this team wouldn't be look at McEichel. And that is averages for those guys.

Sorry you are happy with mediocre. I don't want good like you I want to win the cup. I want the team to be great. Good is not good enough for me.

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
So then you would be happy with this team not finishing last place. Dumb.

Very easy if players had career years this team could finish 24 or 25. I guess you dont follow the standings. Buffalo is only a few points from there. We dont need any heroes. If Steward, Hogdson and Moulson were on track for 20-25 goals along with Gionta and Foligno chipping in and this team wouldn't be look at McEichel. And that is averages for those guys.

Sorry you are happy with mediocre. I don't want good like you I want to win the cup. I want the team to be great. Good is not good enough for me.

I didn't get the same impression from Stokes comment. Seems he said that even if all those guys were scoring we still would be in last, that he wants players to try to win and fail, while others advocate players intentionally losing. I more or less agree with him.

He made no mention of being happy about mediocre, none at all.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
I didn't get the same impression from Stokes comment. Seems he said that even if all those guys were scoring we still would be in last, that he wants players to try to win and fail, while others advocate players intentionally losing. I more or less agree with him.

He made no mention of being happy about mediocre, none at all.

Right. We could double our goal output and still have the worst goal differential in the league. We don't need to cheer for players to not try.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad