Competition looms among Winnipeg Jets Top 20 prospects

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
nikolaj_ehlers_halifax_102414_3.jpg
Photo: Not even Winnipeg’s top prospect Nikolaj Ehlers is guaranteed an NHL roster spot due to the Jets’ enviable organizational depth (courtesy of Francois Laplante/Freestyle Images/Getty Images)

</p> The recent promotion of Mark Hillier to Director of Amateur Scouting from Head Amateur Scout seems like a small change in terms of title. Under Marcel Comeau’s direction since 2003, the Atlanta Thrashers amassed a mixed record – as all teams do. Since relocation however, the team had begun to separate from the pack. How much is due to Hillier’s input versus Comeau or others is unclear, but the Winnipeg Jets now find themselves with one of the deepest collections of young talent in the NHL.… read more

The post Competition looms among Winnipeg Jets Top 20 prospects appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

jetman

May 21, 2015
Solid list.

How come the Winnipeg Jets page still lists "No high-end goaltending prospects" and "No Elite wingers" as an organizational weaknesses though.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Solid list.

How come the Winnipeg Jets page still lists "No high-end goaltending prospects" and "No Elite wingers" as an organizational weaknesses though.

Probably because it hasn't been updated in 3 years! Also real disappointed to see that it has taken until now to finally get most of the 2015 draft picks rated & included on our prospect page -- other teams have had theirs on there for months.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
don't agree with kosmo under franklin and kostalek under glover, and kraskovsky should probably be #20.

otherwise ok. A couple weird things in there (i find saying someone has scored well at every level and then in the very next sentance calling his two junior years "middling" pretty funny) but overall not bad.

Regardless of how accurate/good these ratings are I remember when the only 7.5c or better player we had was scheifele?

We know have 5. That's pretty cool.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I need to make a list of the teams to go and watch this season in the WHL. So far, I have Red Deer, as Nogier and Spacek both play for them. I don't think Prince George comes to Brandon at all, but I could be mistaken.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
No he isn't (I think the overall talent level in the Q isn't up there) but I bet he makes the NHL.

Kosmo has to pick his game up this year.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
No he isn't (I think the overall talent level in the Q isn't up there) but I bet he makes the NHL.

Kosmo has to pick his game up this year.

I'm a huge Kostalek fan (have been since before he was drafted) but he is not offensive. It was great to see the offense and dominant play out of him in his last year junior but his game is not offensive. He will be a shutdown D at the next level. Style wise maybe like Marc-Eduard Vlasic.

Point about Kosmachuk is that never played an overage year. It's not the first time an HF article has stated this. Not sure why. It's just false.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad