Compensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

northstarnicky

Mar 3, 2004
Wisconsin
Quick question....

I know that the league has stopped the compensation for fired coaches being hired by another team with a draft pick coming back. But what about coaches under contract. If Sheldon Keefe (if still under contract with the Marlies) gets hired as an NHL coach somewhere, would the Leafs get a draft pick back?

Thanks and once answered I will delete the thread.

Mad Brills*

Stopped the rule. Leafs will lose 2 thirds the next 2 drafts, but have 3 extra picks to supplement that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Quick question....

I know that the league has stopped the compensation for fired coaches being hired by another team with a draft pick coming back. But what about coaches under contract. If Sheldon Keefe (if still under contract with the Marlies) gets hired as an NHL coach somewhere, would the Leafs get a draft pick back?

Thanks and once answered I will delete the thread.

They would work something out to facilitate his release from contract but they aren't obligated too.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Never say never - ie Lou managed to get his draft pick back when the league tried to take it away from the Devils.

I did not say never, but that situation is quite different as they were fiddling with the cap and trying to loophole the rules. In this case, they followed the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad