Speculation: Comparing Brady Tkachuk to Jasperi Kotkaniemi

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021

Apples and Oranges you may say. But both the Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators had one thing in common in 2018. They were heading into the draft with a top 5 pick.
Here are my honest thoughts, from a Habs fan perspective, on how both our draft picks are looking right now.

TLTW, im jealous you guys have Tkachuk, he is a beauty.
Enjoy.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I think Sens fans are pretty happy with Brady. He definitely is a type of player we sorely lacked in the early 2000s. He's also charismatic which is a plus because there are some uncharismatic people in high places in the organization.

I don't think many Sens fans are paying much attention to Kotkaniemi because I doubt he was on their radar at 4th if the Habs had taken Brady at 3 (perhaps wrongly so). More attention was paid to passing on Zadina. I do have a tinge of regret that they fell from 2 and a shot at Svechnikov. But Brady is a nice consolation prize.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yup, love Brady, no way I choose KK, no offense. Brady is the type of guy we were missing badly during our golden skill years. The Gary Roberts to our Spezza and Alfredsson.

The other guy we are more concerned about is Zadina, KK was not on our radar like what was said above.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
The only people debating anything are the Habs fans who are in denial that Brady is 1000000% better than him.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Obviously Brady is the choice, but I really like Kotkaniemi. He will get better.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
The only people debating anything are the Habs fans who are in denial that Brady is 1000000% better than him.
Well, this hab fan isn't in denial. Tkachuk is an easy win, IMO.. Even if Kotkaniemi gets better (huge IF), Tkachuk brings a different aspect to his game, and a pest-like presence that is under extinction to the degree he provides.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Brady is our Gallagher but better. Or the old Marchand before he found a new level. I’ll keep Brady, we need a player other teams hate us for having.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Habs fans must hate Brady so much.

It is probably exponentiated by the fact they passed on him in the draft so they have had to spend the past 3 years convincing themselves that they made the right choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad