Comp Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
It seems that the stars are not going to sign Vagner. Guy charbonneau who is a Dallas assistant GM made some statements about him that suggested they were not happy with his development. My understanding is that they will get the 56th pick in this draft. Any other first rounders from that year that are unlikely to be signed that might affect the draft order?

As an aside with two fourths I would not be suprised if they redrafted Vagner there.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Starsdude said:
Umberger is talented. I would love him in the system.Head case?

haha you people are way too quick to label a hockey player a "head case"...Umberger certainly isn't---Burke played games with him and left him inelligble to play at OSU and with out a FAIR contract! Then he was traded to the Rangers at the deadline---I honestly don't believe they ever had intent on signing him, and are content with the comp pick. I aslo believe RJ will sign with Pittsburgh but we will see--I am still in the process of trying to convince him how nice it is to live on Long Island :)

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Not sure if he's so much a head case as he is full of himself.

Rumor is that Rangers Brass were not impressed with his workouts enough to pay him top dollar. Also spouted off in the press about giving Pittsburgh a "hometown discount".

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
How do they determine where the comp picks are? Is it a certain number of picks back of where the specific player was selected?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yellowcard said:
How do they determine where the comp picks are? Is it a certain number of picks back of where the specific player was selected?

I think it's 30 picks later then the spot they were picked. For instance, if Columbus never signed Rick Nash, they would get the 31st pick in this draft

The Pucks

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
haha you people are way too quick to label a hockey player a "head case"...Umberger certainly isn't---Burke played games with him and left him inelligble to play at OSU and with out a FAIR contract! Then he was traded to the Rangers at the deadline---I honestly don't believe they ever had intent on signing him, and are content with the comp pick. I aslo believe RJ will sign with Pittsburgh but we will see--I am still in the process of trying to convince him how nice it is to live on Long Island :)

Burke didnt play games with him, they wanted him to stay in school, he left early on his own will. He felt he could sign for the Max, Burke laughed.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Starsdude said:
It seems that the stars are not going to sign Vagner. Guy charbonneau who is a Dallas assistant GM made some statements about him that suggested they were not happy with his development. My understanding is that they will get the 56th pick in this draft. Any other first rounders from that year that are unlikely to be signed that might affect the draft order?

As an aside with two fourths I would not be suprised if they redrafted Vagner there.

Daniel Paille(20th), Vagner and Johansson(28th) are the 3 1st rounders from the CHL who need to be signed by June 1st.

Sethis

May 9, 2004
Man, I really hope the Oilers are looking long and hard at picking up Umberger if he is to re-enter the draft!

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Daniel Paille(20th), Vagner and Johansson(28th) are the 3 1st rounders from the CHL who need to be signed by June 1st.

Is Paille worth signing where would he go if he reenters? Are there any possible reentries that would go in the first three rounds

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Starsdude said:
Is Paille worth signing where would he go if he reenters? Are there any possible reentries that would go in the first three rounds

I would expect Paille and Johansson to be signed, and I would expect either of them to be re-drafted in the 1st 3 rounds if they weren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad