Commissioners- need your help

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
I have run a 20 team full keeper league for almost 20 years. Every once in awhile a trade occurs between two owners that others think is lopsided. My current rule is I personally will decide if there is collusion. We used to have the vote thing but the problem is “revenge” voting occurs and owners will purposely vote down an owners trade if they think that same owner screwed them with a no vote in the past. The verbiage I use in the rules is that it has to be “heavily” in one team’s favor for me to shut it down. Do you have any other recommendations to curb collusion? Or what MAY be collusion? Thanks in advance!

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I have run a 20 team full keeper league for almost 20 years. Every once in awhile a trade occurs between two owners that others think is lopsided. My current rule is I personally will decide if there is collusion. We used to have the vote thing but the problem is “revenge” voting occurs and owners will purposely vote down an owners trade if they think that same owner screwed them with a no vote in the past. The verbiage I use in the rules is that it has to be “heavily” in one team’s favor for me to shut it down. Do you have any other recommendations to curb collusion? Or what MAY be collusion? Thanks in advance!
It's been years but I always looked at 3 things
Length of time they've been active (new members probably getting denied), Placement of teams relative to the assets in the trade (IE a 2nd place team trading their best players to the 1st place team) and the reasoning for the trades.

If the reason sounds questionable, or a competitive team is selling off, or it is a new person probably going to block it, otherwise I'd trust that the guys had a good idea what they wanted to do/build

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
It's been years but I always looked at 3 things
Length of time they've been active (new members probably getting denied), Placement of teams relative to the assets in the trade (IE a 2nd place team trading their best players to the 1st place team) and the reasoning for the trades.

If the reason sounds questionable, or a competitive team is selling off, or it is a new person probably going to block it, otherwise I'd trust that the guys had a good idea what they wanted to do/build

Thank you!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad