OT: Commercials You Hate (and Love)

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I hate all commercials with a passion, with very, very few exceptions. I try to boycott any product I see in a commercial.

These ones I can tolerate, because they're actually funny:

Notice how all tolerable commercials are really old.

Last edited:

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Remember this gem?

Are they drinking urine? That they produced?

This commercial is a classic in the industry. It was produced with a minuscule budget 16 years ago and has run every year since. The actors were paid a buyout so there are no talent residuals. There are various versions of the spot, many with voiceovers changing the price and offers. Just saw it on TV this week.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I hate all commercials with a passion, with very, very few exceptions. I try to boycott any product I see in a commercial.

That last commercial was funny for us kids, because none of our parents knew why it was funny.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

All jokes aside, I don't know about Sweden but in the US if we boycotted everything we see in commercials we'd have to live in a cabin in the woods.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

All jokes aside, I don't know about Sweden but in the US if we boycotted everything we see in commercials we'd have to live in a cabin in the woods.
It's quite simple, actually. I haven't watched regular TV channels for 20 years. I only recently got a TV - after 16-17 years - for my PS4 and Netflix (but I will cancel it, the output in Scandinavia is horrendeus). Whenever I watch a hockey game or so, I just mute and do something else for a while.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

BTW, the "learn English" commercial I learned in an undergrad advertising class in 2006. I still remember it, great commercial, though probably fake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad