OT: Commercials We Hate

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
What spurred me to start this thread?

It's this hideous Scotsman character, aptly named Scott, created by Scotts lawn product company.

This is the thickest ugliest makeup FX ever devised. I just have a really inexplicable adverse reaction to this character and ad. Maybe it's the stereotyping, with the ginger. Just because the name of the company is Scott's.

So if you got a commercial you loathe, feel free to rant here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Lindy

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
#1 by far - Mustache chick.

Redacted behind spoiler b/c 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢🤢. Click at your own risk.

#2 the Christmas BMW ad where the house decoration falls on the car and the dumbass dad not only doesn't recognize his own decoration, but thinks his kid bought him a $70,000 X5, like normal people could in anyway relate to that.

#3 any of the Rangers ads with singing guitar guy. Just straight cringe all the way through.

(No link)

#4 any vehicle ad where there is a near collision on an empty road with a pedestrian avoided only because of a technological safety feature. This is an insult to human drivers everywhere, and I can't stand these ads. Like, y'all be hitting pedestrians every day if you don't buy this stupid expensive feature that doesn't even work right sometimes.

(I cannot find the one that airs during Rangers game, so here's a random ass Malaysian one that captures the spirit of "HAHAHA I almost died and killed my entire family 5x in 30 seconds, but this car's tech saved us and so we're all smiling and happy, and my wife inexplicably hasn't taken away the keys yet")

#5 the Stanley Cup playoffs ad this year. The graphics are annoying and meme-y, and the song is terrible. Really hope they ditch this one once the playoffs start and go with something a little less ADHD/TikTok and more hockeyish.

#6 Kevin Hart ads for Draft Kings. THIS DUDE IS NOT FUNNY. He is the black Dane Cook. Neither one of them can make a hyena laugh. As if sports betting ads weren't annoying enough already, here's some Kevin Hart on top. Hard nope.

#7 Northwell Health "did you lock up the tiger?" ad. This is so stupid and misleading. Kids getting into unlocked guns is not the leading cause of death of kids. Inner city gang related gun violence is, and that's because "kids" is defined as anyone under 18 and states with a stupid amount of gun control basically allow kids to commit gun crimes and end up in family court where they won't face harsh penalties, so gangs specifically recruit kids to do the shooting. Extra stupid points for using a bunch of wealthy suburban white families to really take the issue out to left field to try and score fear points with suburban moms instead of actually doing anything informative that might actually keep kids safe, or help reduce the type of gun crime that is far more likely to kill a minority kid in the inner city when they're mistaken for a gang target instead of a bunch of 5 year olds on a McMansion playdate.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
What spurred me to start this thread?

It's this hideous Scotsman character, aptly named Scott, created by Scotts lawn product company.

This is the thickest ugliest makeup FX ever devised. I just have a really inexplicable adverse reaction to this character and ad. Maybe it's the stereotyping, with the ginger. Just because the name of the company is Scott's.

So if you got a commercial you loathe, feel free to rant here. Since this is an international board, the only loose rule is you gotta attach an online copy of the commercial so we all can see it too and agree with you.

That’s Kristoff Hivju. He really looks like that - he was in Game of Thrones.
80329FB7-45F8-4A22-B4F5-457A142BE941.jpeg

For me it’s every insurance commercial. The insurance industry seems to have decided that whoever can be the most annoying will have the most success so now we have Flo from Progressive or whatever, and then Limu Emu from Liberty Butual… I mean Liberty Biberty. Just stop, for the love of god.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
That’s Kristoff Hivju. He really looks like that - he was in Game of Thrones.
View attachment 690032

For me it’s every insurance commercial. The insurance industry seems to have decided that whoever can be the most annoying will have the most success so now we have Flo from Progressive or whatever, and then Limu Emu from Liberty Butual… I mean Liberty Biberty. Just stop, for the love of god.
Good to know. I still think they did something to him, put him under a layer of makeup. He's hideous in the Scotts ad.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Good to know. I still think they did something to him, put him under a layer of makeup. He's hideous in the Scotts ad.

Probably has makeup on but he’s not the prettiest dude. Funny guy though.
F32D3748-FD2C-403B-B436-48B43977C181.jpeg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
All the Gambling commercials suck major ass.
do the sports gambling ads, or affiliations, contribute to HRR?
if that annoying noise can raise the flat Cap,
i will continue to mute, but be less annoyed (maybe still annoyed some at Hank)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
And then there's NJM. Every commercial is them using jingles and mascots to tell us they don't use jingles and mascots.

The ones that really annoy me are the Burger King commercials, but really, all commercials suck. They make a few funny ones for the Superbowl and then mail it in the rest of the year.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Easily the dumbass Amazon prime commercial with the girl sporting the stache. I want to puke every time I see it and it is on 100 times a day. In second place is the extremely annoying citizens bank commercial. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Luckily my remote is always handy.
Seriously. Who the f*** thought that was a good commercial?

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
#2 the Christmas BMW ad where the house decoration falls on the car and the dumbass dad not only doesn't recognize his own decoration, but thinks his kid bought him a $70,000 X5, like normal people could in anyway relate to that.
My mom legit thought this was the funniest commercial and joked about me buying her a car for the holidays. *pity laugh* *turn away eye roll*

• Wow
Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
That dumb Scotsman commercial has made me miss numerous MLB plays at work because I hear the awful shit and I turn my volume off & get back to work & forget to turn the volume back on lol. Sometimes by the time I remember multiple runs have scored :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad