Commemorative Coliseum Logo

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I know the board was trying to come up with an avatar for the final season, so I thought this might be of interest to some. Here is a peak at the new commemorative logo to be used this season.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/

Wasn't sure where to put this, it could go under a few threads so I figured I'd let a mod pick.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Howie Rose was on WOR radio before the Mets game last night and he mentioned something he had brought up before, he would like to see the 1974-75 team honored. Many of you weren't around then but that is where it began, that team has always been a personal favorite.

Fan101

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Great idea and not bad but always open to revision. Funny seeing the Coliseum with no ads on it or the hockey boards for that matter.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If I had to guess, I'd say shirts and center ice. Not sure it'd look good on a jersey...but would have to wait to see it in full.

Dont know if this means anything but this was the first prospects camp game I attended where center ice was blank...IIRC in previous years they had the logo.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Howie Rose was on WOR radio before the Mets game last night and he mentioned something he had brought up before, he would like to see the 1974-75 team honored. Many of you weren't around then but that is where it began, that team has always been a personal favorite.

Great idea, totally agree...JP, Eddie, Billy Harris, Billy Mac, Bert Marshal, Jude Drouin, Andre St Laurent...man I loved that team.

I hope they do that...

Uncle Lou

Jun 20, 2010
New York
Ehh it's not the worst thing I've seen, hope it's not the jersey patch but I'll get the patch no matter what for my jersey

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Pieced these together in Photoshop and it hasn't improved my opinion. I have been working on 14/15 avatars and I don't think I'll be looking to incorporate this in.

That may change after the full reveal but for now this just looks busy.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
The coliseum under the cups could use some some work. I like the idea though.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Not bad. I'd suggest adding a gigantic, Godzilla-sized Kate Murray stomping down on the Coliseum and eating handfuls of fans out of the Cups.

19 Straight

Jan 25, 2006
New Jersey

I agree. That was the birth of the glory years. That season made me an Islander fanatic rather than just a fan. I can remember everything about it. I was 15 years old and we did not have cable, so I listened to every home game on the radio with Dom Valentino. I also remember watching road games on channel 9 with Tim Ryan and George Michael. That was a magical season that started a great 10+ year run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad