Commanders looking to build new stadium on RFK Stadium site

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who wouldn't? FedEx Field isn't massively old, but man, it's aged terribly. And that field cost them RG3.

oknazevad

Dec 12, 2018
And it's a terrible location transit wise, while the RFK Stadium site is literally the namesake of the Metro's Stadium/Armory station. Generally I think NFL stadiums, because of their exorbitant size and relative paucity of use (a whopping minimum 10 games with preseason and no playoffs), work better in less dense and central locations, not the middle of city centers, but the RFK site is kinda a sweet spot for the DMV market. Plus it's the franchise's most storied home location. Now that they don't have a straight up racial slur as a name, and are no longer owned by the most obvious scumbag in the NFL (not that other owners are saints, but Snyder was something else), perhaps it's time for a renaissance of the Washington football team.

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
And it's a terrible location transit wise, while the RFK Stadium site is literally the namesake of the Metro's Stadium/Armory station. Generally I think NFL stadiums, because of their exorbitant size and relative paucity of use (a whopping minimum 10 games with preseason and no playoffs), work better in less dense and central locations, not the middle of city centers, but the RFK site is kinda a sweet spot for the DMV market. Plus it's the franchise's most storied home location. Now that they don't have a straight up racial slur as a name, and are no longer owned by the most obvious scumbag in the NFL (not that other owners are saints, but Snyder was something else), perhaps it's time for a renaissance of the Washington football team.
What is the DMV market for some of us non residents? First thing I thought of was Department of Motor Vehicles lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad