Confirmed with Link: Comeau re-signs -- one-year deal (post #18)

dru

Jarmo Unchained
Jun 9, 2005
CBUS
www.colorriot.com
Don't love it but don't hate it either. We need some grit to replace Dorsett this year, hopefully Blake can help out in that department.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I thought he looked extremely good for the role he was asked to play. Glad to still have him; hope he keeps it up.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I saw 1 year for 1 million. That's a no brainer, easy one. Welcome back.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I love it. Great 3/4 line guy who can hit and has some offensive upside.

Anyone else that can help push Boll out of the lineup is a good thing.

skimp

Dec 19, 2006
Good deal. Love the jam and sandpaper he brings to the lineup.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Going to be a good fourth line with Comeau - DMac - Boll with Jenner pushing DMac out of camp.

The Jackets last year, even during the slow start, were a team that it was easy to get behind as a fan. So, if there was a Jackets team that I'm OK with remaining fairly intact, this is it. Could still be changes, but I'm thinking now they will be minor.

Need some more scoring, but there still could be one winger added. If not, Gaborik and Cam need to find the back of the net some more.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Buy Umberger out and free up another 2.25MM

Going to be a good fourth line with Comeau - DMac - Boll with Jenner pushing DMac out of camp.

The Jackets last year, even during the slow start, were a team that it was easy to get behind as a fan. So, if there was a Jackets team that I'm OK with remaining fairly intact, this is it. Could still be changes, but I'm thinking now they will be minor.

Need some more scoring, but there still could be one winger added. If not, Gaborik and Cam need to find the back of the net some more.

Then sign two top 6 wings that can score..

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
You might say we prefer it to skill and goalscoring.

Post of the night!!! Good stuff DSL.

I didn't realize Comeau is only 27 though. Seems young to have had such volatile 4 yrs.

I believe he had around 40 goals in 2 yrs with the Isles and then went off the grid in Calgary. And then had like 3 goals in 9 games with the CBJ (not bad lol).

Who is Blake Comeau. Who are you dammit?

Hugg

Aug 2, 2005
Columbus
I had honestly forgotten all about him in terms of things to do/accomplish this off-season. Very glad we brought him back, though.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Good signing.

JD and JK are committed to young guys proving their worth in the A before they crack the line-up, almost to a fault it seems. So I don't look for any prospects like Jenner to start in Columbus unless they completely knock managements socks off.

They will need to prove themselves if and when they are called up.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Comeau is a guy I think will surprise this season. He can obviously score based upon what he did on Long Island, and I tend to think the environment in Calgary the last couple seasons was a bit toxic. Comeau is playing for a longer term contract and I think he scores 10-15 goals this season.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I thought he looked extremely good for the role he was asked to play. Glad to still have him; hope he keeps it up.

Agree. At this money he can play the 4th line affordably, fill in at the 3rd line and has enough skill to score 17-20 goals if he played enough minutes. Not suggesting he will do that as he won't get those minutes, but it's nice to have bottom line guys who play tough hockey and also know the net is where the puck should go when on the offensive end.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Good signing.

JD and JK are committed to young guys proving their worth in the A before they crack the line-up, almost to a fault it seems. So I don't look for any prospects like Jenner to start in Columbus unless they completely knock managements socks off.

They will need to prove themselves if and when they are called up.

You're absolutely right about that. I expect Boone to challenge for a spot, but I'm not sure he'll get it. One thing is for sure though. With Jenner and the centers we just drafted, this is a make or break year for Johansen. They're coming for your job Joey! Better light the lamp.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
12:25:56 carp68: Why did Blake Comeau signs a 1-yr deal with the CBJ instead of testing free agency. Was there not enough interest from other teams or does he really like it here?

12:27:12 Portzline: Had a few good talks with Comeau last season, one when he arrived from Calgary and another toward the end of the season. He couldn't say enough about the city, the fans, the atmosphere in the building, etc. He wanted to be here, badly. He likes the style of play, too. Very useful guy to have on your team. Can play anywhere from second to fourth line and provide a lot of different elements.

Even happier we got him back, wanted to be here.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, I think we want those guys who can really get into the midwestern atmosphere of this town and enjoy it.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
I agree with those who are a little mystified by this signing, but not because he's no good. He's a good role/4th line player. But...

-We already have several guys like Comeau.
-We need room for a young gun or two coming out of camp.
-Jarmo wants to add a top forward.

So other than 'depth' which we seem to have plenty of, he must bring some intangibles.
I conclude that he is also the kind of player and salary that easily sweetens a trade deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad