Confirmed with Link: Come meet Bobby Ryan on Bank Street!

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I'm bringing an 8x10 of Brian Burke for him to sign, so your movie will probably be fine.

SenatorArmy*

Maybe I'll bring it along just in case...you can line up in front of me & I can gauge whether or not he'll be offended by the burke photo ;)

SenatorArmy*

well looks like it's going to be hovering around -10, -11 degrees. Dress warmly! Don't let it stop you from coming out & showing Bobby some love!

SenatorArmy*

lolll that is pretty awesome

BhXCjPsCcAAgahr.png

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
Just got back from this. Bobby was awesome. Super nice and really down to chat with anyone. He was happy to chat about our ODR in Orleans, how we went to Ceci's rival high school, etc. Me and my buddy got hockey gloves and pucks signed, plus some pics. On top of that we're in a free raffle for Sens tickets.

Bobby definitely didn't dress for the weather though! Dress shoes and dress pants, a sure way to get cold during February in Ottawa!

Overall: Thanks Bobby! Good times!

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Just got back from this. Bobby was awesome. Super nice and really down to chat with anyone. He was happy to chat about our ODR in Orleans, how we went to Ceci's rival high school, etc. Me and my buddy got hockey gloves and pucks signed, plus some pics. On top of that we're in a free raffle for Sens tickets.

Bobby definitely didn't dress for the weather though! Dress shoes and dress pants, a sure way to get cold during February in Ottawa!

Overall: Thanks Bobby! Good times!

Based on the accounts from these two autograph signing sessions, Bobby Ryan really sounds like a very good person.

Hope he stays here long term.

Hope he (and his fiancee) learn to dress for the Ottawa winter!

SenatorArmy*

I did overhear him say his wife isn't a beach person & that he likes it here because it's cheaper...also he told some kid he hopes he can stay but he should talk to Bryan Murray about it

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The exclamation mark is suppose to go inside the quotations.
Tisk tisk.

Often but not always. It goes in the quotation marks if he is saying the word intense emphatically in conversation. If he is specifying the word with quotation marks, and emphatically drawing attention to that word, then it goes outside the quotation marks.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
The exclamation mark is suppose to go inside the quotations.
Tisk tisk.

There is actually quite a bit of debate over the proper use of punctuation when using quotations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quotation_mark#Punctuation

Punctuation
In all major forms of English, question marks and exclamation marks are placed inside or outside quoted material depending on whether they apply to the whole sentence or just the quoted portion, but colons and semicolons are always placed outside.[12]
Did he say, "Good morning, Dave"?
No, he said, "Where are you, Dave?"

I would question him on his belligerent disregard for the proper capitalization of letters. "'INteNse'!"

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I was going off the premise that Burke used it.

"He cannot spell 'intense!" Which would require the exclamation point to be inside the quote.

If Burke did not us an exclamation mark, then it would be outside they way that Ryan used it.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I was going off the premise that Burke used it.

"He cannot spell 'intense!" Which would require the exclamation point to be inside the quote.

If Burke did not us an exclamation mark, then it would be outside they way that Ryan used it.

If Ryan was asked to spell 'Intense', he did so and added emphasis to his correct spelling of the word. I'm sure he wasn't asked to punctuate it so the punctuation would fall outside of the requested word to be spelled.

^^ see what I did there with my comma?

Edit - damn I wish I went now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad