Confirmed with Link: Come meet Bobby Ryan on Bank Street!

SenatorArmy*

I thought this deserved it's own thread....for those that missed Ryan on the 22nd, there is still hope!

1604477_671693686231602_1791845979_n.jpg

DFL is teaming up with Ottawa's most talked about food Truck - Flapjack's - to bring you our next event with Bobby Ryan of the Ottawa Senators.

Join us for a short meet and greet on the 25th.

We'll be giving our prizes and raffling off some bigger items. Meet and mingle with Bobby, make the most of Flapjack's amazing food and hangout with us for a little while.

Since this will be an outside event, dress for the elements.

*Note* There is no specific parking available on-site and we won't be taking responsibility for parking. Please plan accordingly. We suggest taking transit.

LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/292995747518251/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

SenatorArmy*

If not for the love of Bobby Ryan do it for your love of Pancakes!

SenatorArmy*

Agreed & hopefully a lot of people will show up to make him feel loved & wanted in our fair city!

Senafan

May 17, 2013
Cool of him to do this stuff. Hope he gets his mojo back to finish the season!

SenatorArmy*

He was really great at the last event & people were even to get multiple items signed. I'd suggest bringing a couple things if you're having a tough time deciding what you want signed. The only difference this time around being an outdoor event & hopefully it won't be very cold.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'm going to rent a 1970's van and use it to follow around the Bobby Ryan Ottawa small business autograph signing tour.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Sure doesn't sound like a guy who wants to bolt in a year and half.

I think everyone just needs to relax... I'm sure if we offer him the right amount for the right amount of time, he's more than happy to stay. There's probably very few cases where a player just won't re-sign regardless.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Probably gonna go to this one too... I have to unfinished business with Bobby *Gets contract ready*

SenatorArmy*

haha, same here....when I heard people had multiple items signed last time I regretted not bringing a jersey or something. Looks like it'll be a bit chilly so I'll have to bring my trusty Heritage classic scarf

SenatorArmy*

for those people unfamiliar with the amazing story of Bobby Ryan...

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Theres just no way he leaves unless management screws the pooch/doesnt want him. He does more fan interaction than rookies who have it written into their friggen contracts! :laugh:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Theres just no way he leaves unless management screws the pooch/doesnt want him. He does more fan interaction than rookies who have it written into their friggen contracts! :laugh:

Not sure if that is an indication of him staying......but I'd assume a guy who gets engaged with a year left into has a pretty good idea of whether or not he'll be moving soon. Hopefully, he stays long term.

SenatorArmy*

All I know is I got my copy of Saving Private Ryan ready to go for tomorrow to get signed

SenatorArmy*

Arent these showings a part of his contract or some sort of obligation? Or are these purely volunteer based?

I don't thinkit's part of his contract seeing as it's the same contract that would've carried over from Anaheim

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Arent these showings a part of his contract or some sort of obligation? Or are these purely volunteer based?

All rookies have obligations written into their contracts like this, although those appearances normally come at larger team events. MAYBE Bobby has something in his contract, I wouldnt know one way or the other on that front, but unless Anaheim wrote some RIDICULOUS terms into his contract he's definitely surpassed public appearances and gone well beyond what a contract could/would require. For reference I believe most rookie contracts have 6-12 public appearances, but thats a broad term that applies to almost any public event. Galas, etc.

SenatorArmy*

I think it'd be a really neat item to get signed but maybe I'll just do a jersey or something instead...

SenatorArmy*

I guess I won't then, Ireally don't think he'd mind, then again I wouldn't want to run the risk of offending him

SenatorArmy*

yeah, I'm not going to chance it. I think it'd be a really neat & unique item but I'll go with something that has zero chance of hitting a nerve. Thanks for the input guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad