comcast schedule rant and advice needed

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
hi, comcast from north ft. pierce north has the orlando magic and fl. panthers as regional sports teams. problem is they both air on fox sports. comcast shows the magic when there is a schedule conflict and blacks out the panthers. this year the following dates conflict which means comcast will broadcast the magic. 1/22, 1/24, 2/22, 2/26, 3./3, 3/8, 3/10, 3/12, 3/19, 4/7, 4/13. the magic season ends 4/17 which means if they are in the playoffs additional games will be missed. center ice is not an option as there is a local feed available even though comcast chooses not to air it, so center ice blocks the panther game. this has been an ongoing problem and comcast does not seem to want to resolve the problem. i've checked with direct tv and dish tv and they say i get the west palm feed which has the heat on sun and the panthers on fox, so no conflict. my questions are, who do you recommend direct, or dish. is there much of a problem with atmospheric interference on the satellite systems? does anyone have a high contact with comcast who might help resolve this problem? also, i have the triple play with comcast, the satellite co's. don't have phone service in my area so i'm looking at magic jack. anyone have any experience with them? thanks and hope to get some feedback.
:help::help::help::help:

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
hi, comcast from north ft. pierce north has the orlando magic and fl. panthers as regional sports teams. problem is they both air on fox sports. comcast shows the magic when there is a schedule conflict and blacks out the panthers. this year the following dates conflict which means comcast will broadcast the magic. 1/22, 1/24, 2/22, 2/26, 3./3, 3/8, 3/10, 3/12, 3/19, 4/7, 4/13. the magic season ends 4/17 which means if they are in the playoffs additional games will be missed. center ice is not an option as there is a local feed available even though comcast chooses not to air it, so center ice blocks the panther game. this has been an ongoing problem and comcast does not seem to want to resolve the problem. i've checked with direct tv and dish tv and they say i get the west palm feed which has the heat on sun and the panthers on fox, so no conflict. my questions are, who do you recommend direct, or dish. is there much of a problem with atmospheric interference on the satellite systems? does anyone have a high contact with comcast who might help resolve this problem? also, i have the triple play with comcast, the satellite co's. don't have phone service in my area so i'm looking at magic jack. anyone have any experience with them? thanks and hope to get some feedback.
:help::help::help::help:

I have Directv and have had it for @ 13 years my comcast cable internet goes out more often than my Directv. If installed properly with a really good signal it takes a monsoon to wipe out my Directv. I hate comcast and if their was a decent option for highspeed internet I'd get rid of them for that. Just realized this gives me an extra reason to hate the Flyers. :naughty::naughty:

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
the phone is very expensive on comcast since i'm dropping my triple play. magic jack is the only viable way to go to keep my costs in line with what they are now. any one have info., or experience with magic jack?

Frek

Dec 2, 2005
PSL, Florida
I hear ya Harv3317. I'm in PSL, I currently have DTV but getting rid of it right after the superbowl. All it takes is a little lightning and my signal is gone. I'm just keeping Comcast for my internet, currently it's really the only choice in this area if you want speeds that hit above 20Mbit (I regularly see my speed hit closer to 30Mbit). We're getting all our locals through an attic antenna, plus using Netflix, hulu, amazon prime (total cost $16/month plus 1 $79/year charge).

I'm in the same boat you are. I'm sick of paying DTV $115 a month and I watch maybe 4 channels.

I was considering getting gamecenter but they will block all the panthers games. It's a shame because I'm willing to be a customer but they don't want my money. So come the 2nd week of Feb I'll be watching the Panthers on feeds from Europe.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
in port st. lucie i believe comcast has the heat, panthers package. no conflict.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad