Proposal: Columbus - Rangers

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Strome, Lias Andersson for Gavrikov, Josh Anderson

Columbus need an offense, especially down middle, and Strome can be that 2C they are looking for. Gavrikov looks like a solid top4 stay-at-home defender, exactly what Rangers need, and he would be a nice addition to all Russians the team has.

Andersson for Anderson is a swap of a struggling prospect for a struggling player.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Columbus and the league would value Anderson far beyond what you are offering.

You won’t be getting a power forward who scored 27 last year regardless of his poor performance this season for a busting player wanting a trade who’s yet to even produce well at the AHL level

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Honestly, who knows how much value any of these guys have. My gut tells me it’s bad for NYR but I honestly have no clue at this point.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Columbus and the league would value Anderson far beyond what you are offering.

You won’t be getting a power forward who scored 27 last year regardless of his poor performance this season for a busting player wanting a trade who’s yet to even produce well at the AHL level
Did you miss the guy on pace for 70 points who ya’ll traded for some pocket lint?

Rangers say no. Strome has great chemistry with Panarin, we wouldn’t get enough in return for what he brings to the team.

Reactions: eco's bones

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Strome, Lias Andersson for Gavrikov, Josh Anderson

Columbus need an offense, especially down middle, and Strome can be that 2C they are looking for. Gavrikov looks like a solid top4 stay-at-home defender, exactly what Rangers need, and he would be a nice addition to all Russians the team has.

Andersson for Anderson is a swap of a struggling prospect for a struggling player.

Strome is a lot more valuable than what is comign back. Rangers have nothing at center behind Zibanejad and Strome until Chytil actually learns how to win a faceoff and prove he is an NHL center.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Did you miss the guy on pace for 70 points who ya’ll traded for some pocket lint?

Rangers say no. Strome has great chemistry with Panarin, we wouldn’t get enough in return for what he brings to the team.

Strome is a decent 3C away from Panarin. He’s worth move to the Rangers. To a Columbus he’s not worth nearly enough to make this deal

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Terrible proposal, Columbus doesn’t even entertain.

Strome is not a top 6 guy without Panarin and we already have a Swede that is playing lazy hockey.

Gavrikov is establishing himself as a top 4 in Columbus and Josh Anderson won’t be traded now when his value is low.

I was actually expecting to see a Georgiev to CBJ trade here which I’d welcome

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Hard to assess Anderson based on one good season and currently struggling. Same can be said for Strome putting up nice numbers, aided by his chemistry with Panarin.
With that said, Strome is on a 70 point pace, so you can't take that away from him. I would put his value above Anderson right now.
The other two guys.....who cares?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Josh Anderson is having a terrible season. Injured wrist? No idea. But he's an RFA at the end of the season and I don't want to be the one dealing with that. Team offers a deal based on this year. Josh wants a deal based on scoring goals the prior season. Meet somewhere in the middle - lets do this again when he's a UFA. Sounds like trouble for the Rangers who have to worry about Lemieux and DeAngelo. Rangers would also have to find a taker for Skjei, Staal, or send Lindgren down for the left side.

Josh getting back to what he accomplished last year makes this a no-brainer for the Rangers, but that's a risky move when Strome fits in like a glove. Despite what some think, he's not just just benefiting from Panarin's play-making ability. Strome is actually making plays on the 1st line. And even if he was a complete passenger - who cares? If it works, it works.

Value doesn't work for Columbus. NYR don't need to be making this trade.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
I don't know how much I'm in a rush to deal Strome. He's played arguably the best hockey of his career with the Rangers. He's still cost controlled. And has shown clear chemistry with Panarin.

Reactions: IslesBro715

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Is Cbus a buyer again this season? They went all in last year and came up short.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Would love this for NYR, but Columbus absolutely wouldn't do this. Lias Andersson has proven absolutely nothing at this level yet and just quit on his AHL team because he thinks he's above that league. Josh Anderson having a down season is still worth a ton more than him.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Meh pretty trash proposal. I wouldnt want Gavrikov moved for that and Ill easily bet on Anderson bouncing back once his shoulder is actually healed

Reactions: Xoggz22 and Fro

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Terrible proposal, Columbus doesn’t even entertain.

Strome is not a top 6 guy without Panarin and we already have a Swede that is playing lazy hockey.

Gavrikov is establishing himself as a top 4 in Columbus and Josh Anderson won’t be traded now when his value is low.

I was actually expecting to see a Georgiev to CBJ trade here which I’d welcome
Georgiev for Anderson straight up

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Did you miss Josh Anderson and Gavrikov? Gavrikov has been an absolute stud and Anderson still has plenty of value. Everyone is having a down year in Columbus. Columbus doesn't have an elite winger to prop up Strome.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Did you miss Josh Anderson and Gavrikov? Gavrikov has been an absolute stud and Anderson still has plenty of value. Everyone is having a down year in Columbus. Columbus doesn't have an elite winger to prop up Strome.
I don’t think Columbus would or should do this trade. It would probably turn out badly for them because Strome would be a 45-50 point player for them max. But the dude was acting like Strome wasn’t even there, I mean I get it he’s sketchy but he’s having a great season and would certainly have good value. Not really a player the Rangers are looking to move right now anyway, he’s playing excellent complimentary hockey with Panarin, and it’s allowed us to split Zibanejad and Panarin giving us two dangerous lines. Obviously his numbers are propped up by playing with Panarin but he’s a quality, well rounded middle six forward in his own right, and the Rangers already lack that.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
I think NY fan has over taken Toronto fan for over valuing their players.

Strome's scoring near a point a game. God forbid we ask for Josh Anderson, he of four points so far this year.

Get a grip. This isn't a trade the Rangers should make, but to shit on the Rangers for an overvalue here is just screaming for a craniorectal extraction crew to come on by for you.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Strome is on pace for 70pts.
He isn't being moved at this time.
We can revisit this before the TDL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad