Columbus OHL Prospects Review

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I appreciate it Brock. The Columbus board usually has a couple WHL watchers but no one in Ontario, so any insight is appreciated.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Realistically though...how many of these guys are NHLers?

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Sherwood may one day make a 3rd line somewhere. Buy our OHL guys aren't what I'd call blue chippers haha.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Zero. Siebenaler may get some NHL games in a call up. But that's about the best I believe he can be.

Is there a why involved in any of these OHL scouting reports of yours? Just downplaying individuals based on draft order number or for being undrafted might provide some success but it doesn't help to identify those who break those chains eventually.

wtf_xd.gif

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
OHL guys aren't our strength, true. I don't see much coming from the forwards at least.

Siebenaler hasn't been doing that well either, but with the D prospects, they often don't pop until much later. It's usually the guys who start out as offensive prospects and then all of a sudden at 23 they click defensively.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is there a why involved in any of these OHL scouting reports of yours? Just downplaying individuals based on draft order number or for being undrafted might provide some success but it doesn't help to identify those who break those chains eventually.

I'll provide my why when you provide your sources about Puljujarvi, because I am still waiting.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
I'll provide my why when you provide your sources about Puljujarvi, because I am still waiting.

My source (message history ever since 16-year-old Puljujärvi appeared in his first U-20 WJC tournament) paints a complete mosaic of Puljujärvi as a prospect. In the end everything can be found in the play.

Dreams come true. I would be bit more wary with baseless bashing the NHL hopes of those coming from junior leagues since one morning you might wake up. If I can dream.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My source (message history ever since 16-year-old Puljujärvi appeared in his first U-20 WJC tournament) paints a complete mosaic of Puljujärvi as a prospect. In the end everything can be found in the play.

Dreams come true. I would be bit more wary with baseless bashing the NHL hopes of those coming from junior leagues since one morning you might wake up. If I can dream.

So you have none? Got it thanks.

Anyway, to keep it on topic I have hopes for Sherwood to be something just because of the hometown thing. This year will be telling, but I don't have too high of hopes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad