Friedman: Columbus has shown interest in Galchenyuk

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Source?
Hits of the week isn't a legit source for that

Edit: from his 31 article:
"The Blue Jackets have watched Alex Galchenyuk pretty closely at times. I’m not sure if they are still interested, but they are looking for scoring"

Pretty vague...
You could say that for any team

Last edited:
Reactions: ottawa

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I’m guessing Bergevin is going to try and pry away Dubois but I don’t see Columbus being interested unless there’s an add from Montreal’s side. Although, it’s worth noting that Galchenyuk has 18 points in his last 21 games.

That being said, Dubois is younger and actually is a capable centreman, while Galchenyuk is a winger, for now. Maybe Columbus would finally let Galchenyuk play centre full time, who knows?

How do Blue Jackets fans and fellow Habs fans feel about this trade:

To MTL: Dubois, 3rd round pick

To CBJ: Galchenyuk, 1st round pick (top-10 protected, in that case, pick becomes a 2019 1st)

In my opinion, Montreal overpays slightly but I feel that kind of overpayment is required to get Columbus to be willing to move Dubois.

David25

Nov 22, 2016
I’m guessing Bergevin is going to try and pry away Dubois but I don’t see Columbus being interested unless there’s an add from Montreal’s side. Although, it’s worth noting that Galchenyuk has 18 points in his last 21 games.

That being said, Dubois is younger and actually is a capable centreman, while Galchenyuk is a winger, for now. Maybe Columbus would finally let Galchenyuk play centre full time, who knows?

How do Blue Jackets fans and fellow Habs fans feel about this trade:

To MTL: Dubois, 3rd round pick

To CBJ: Galchenyuk, 1st round pick (top-10 protected, in that case, pick becomes a 2019 1st)

In my opinion, Montreal overpays slightly but I feel that kind of overpayment is required to get Columbus to be willing to move Dubois.
I'd do it as a Habs fan. We get a 19 year old top 6 C at entry level contract.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Habs aren't getting Dubois, no idea what the trade would because there's so many pieces they could give.

Galchenyuk for some sort of package around Jenner/Anderson/Bjorkstrand + would make a decent base.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
16 points in his last 20 games, but let's pretend he's a piece of **** at 23
No one is saying that, but the jackets aren't going to give up a 19yo playing 1C who is one of the coaches favorites, getting playing time in all situations and has 21 pts in his last 34 games. Basically since he was put at center he's been playing on a different level. Not only that hes on his ELC for 2 more years and under the jackets control for what 4 or 5 more years?

No one is saying Galchenyuk is shit, it just makes no sense to give up a core piece that might fill a major hole the jackets needed to fill ever since Johansen was traded. With Dubi aging and Wennberg going through mental and physical problems, the jackets need a player who can produce at C. They have that right now, Galy might be able to do that but it's a risk they just don't need to take. Dubois is one of the few players producing right now. They aren't going to move him.

Reactions: Dumais

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad