Speculation: Columbus, Detroit, St. Louis, or Minnesota in 1st round?

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I didn't want Phoenix last year. Mike Smith was white hot going in to that series. It's not like he suddenly turned it on for the Hawks series.

I guess I didn't realize it at the time. Smith's last 7 games before the playoffs .951, .906, 1.00, 1.00, 1.00. .969, .958 = .974 save% :amazed:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
CBJ won't make the playoffs IMO. There schedule is too rough.

There is no correct answer but if love to play Detroit. It'll be a "passing of the torch" series with a lot of historical value

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The only team I don't want to see in the first round is the Blues. Not because they will beat us (they play way too physical and get taken out of their game trying to "intimidate" the Hawks) but that there is potential for guys to get beat up going forward.

Seems like there is a big gap between ANA, VAN, LAK and us and the lower seeds. Luckily our great season has afforded us a potential reseed when one of the top tier teams inevitable gets upset (hope not us!).

That's why I see LAK staying in that 4 seed as so important to our run.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
The only team I don't want to see in the first round is the Blues. Not because they will beat us (they play way too physical and get taken out of their game trying to "intimidate" the Hawks) but that there is potential for guys to get beat up going forward.

Seems like there is a big gap between ANA, VAN, LAK and us and the lower seeds. Luckily our great season has afforded us a potential reseed when one of the top tier teams inevitable gets upset (hope not us!).

That's why I see LAK staying in that 4 seed as so important to our run.

Agreed. Blues will physically wear down whoever they play. Would love to watch them and Vancouver bang on each other for 7 games.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
At this point I don't care. I thought last year that the series against Phoenix would be easy enough for us to win...I think I figured we'd win it in 5 or something :shakehead

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
At this point I don't care. I thought last year that the series against Phoenix would be easy enough for us to win...I think I figured we'd win it in 5 or something :shakehead

I never assume any series is going to be easy, but last year we certainly had a better shot against Phoenix then we did against Nashville who just owned us all season.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Agreed. Blues will physically wear down whoever they play. Would love to watch them and Vancouver bang on each other for 7 games.

Yeah, not only would that be great from a Hawk perspective, but that series would be fun as all hell. That game last night was a blood bath.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I think the top 3 teams should get to choose their opponent. Would be the most compelling hour of TV ever

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I like the chances against the Wild. They are falling down, not moving up and are hyped that they made the POs thanks to a good late season push

Savardian Spinorama

Mar 29, 2011
Chicago
Would love Detroit just for the entertainment factor. Have to admit that getting in the last word should we eliminate them would be a nice touch.

Want no part of St. Louis. We would leave that series win or lose with players tired and hurt.

Minnesota, Columbus and Dallas are all good teams, but Bob is the only player from there that gives me concern. Not sure he can steal the series, but I'd rather not find out.

kuzy

Mar 31, 2012
St. Charles, IL
I would preferre that the Hawks play Columbus in the 1st round, i would not like matching up with Minnesota the most because have been playing well against the Hawks this yr.

Columbus has played just as good against us. One SO, one OT, and the rest one goal games.
As much as I want to see the end of their playoff streak, I think Detroit would be the best match up.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Columbus has played just as good against us. One SO, one OT, and the rest one goal games.
As much as I want to see the end of their playoff streak, I think Detroit would be the best match up.
And all games against CBJ were before the Nash trade. Id rather the Hawks draw some other team.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I would want to get DET. Either they miss the POs or we beat them. Nothing would be sweeter for us Hawks fans now that they are going east

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Dallas' chances for a playoff spot looking really good. Big 5-1 win over the Canucks last night, Kari with 37 saves. Puts them 2 points behind CBJ with 2 games extra left to play and in a dead tie with Detroit, however, Dallas has a significant lead in ROW over both teams, particularly CBJ. Dallas takes on the Blues tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad