NFL: Colts hire Eagles OC Frank Reich as head coach

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I am not sure if he is any better or worse than McDaniels but that sure seems like an uninspiring hire.

Although Pederson looked like a pretty meh hiring at the time as well and he now is a SB champ so maybe it will work out great.

Reactions: Voight

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I know Colts fans are a bit...lukewarm to this hiring (given how it does look like settling given the circumstances) but take it from a Dolphins fan; Reich is probably a better route to take as compared to Dan Campbell.

Campbell's one of those guys who talked big and motivational, but was clearly not qualified to be a head coach.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I know Colts fans are a bit...lukewarm to this hiring (given how it does look like settling given the circumstances) but take it from a Dolphins fan; Reich is probably a better route to take as compared to Dan Campbell.

Campbell's one of those guys who talked big and motivational, but was clearly not qualified to be a head coach.

Not gonna lie, I was starting to sell myself a bit on Dantallica. Mostly for the nickname, but still, wouldn't have hated it at first. Having said that, yeah this is the better hire. Probably don't need another motivator, need someone who can help the offense.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Dan Campbell would have been a disaster. This is a good hire given the circumstances. It'll look even better if Luck returns to full strength.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not a bad hire. And truth be told, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he turned out better for them than McDaniels would've.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Aoazq.gif

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Faint praise.

No doubt, but aside from being stuck with three of his guys, my central thesis point is that they dodged a bullet by not getting McDaniels. Honestly expect it to blow up in the Pats' faces whenever the transition happens between Belichick and McDaniels. Reich is at least a decent hire in my book.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
No doubt, but aside from being stuck with three of his guys, my central thesis point is that they dodged a bullet by not getting McDaniels. Honestly expect it to blow up in the Pats' faces whenever the transition happens between Belichick and McDaniels.
We can all hope. :naughty:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I'm an Eagles fan
I met Reich this past summer & he couldn't have been nicer
His play calling this season was superb & I think the Colts could have a very good HC in the making here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad