Colton Sissons

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Should do well following in Austin Watson's foot steps with the Admirals this season as Watson looks to make the jump to the NHL while Sissons learns the pro game.

Sissons is strong defensively, but also has a budding power forward potential at the other end of the ice too.

71 goals and 149 points in 182 games with Kelowna the past three seasons. Has served as the team captain the last two years.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ads should be incredibly top heavy in forward;

Watson, Budish, Sissons, Possibly Beck, Shalla, Rask, Henderson.

Wished the Defensemen has some heavier NHL prospects who could be the 8th man but

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
when was the last time we were able to say that BFC??

our vaunted defensive prospects have either blossomed and will be playing in the NHL or have Blummed out...

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
when was the last time we were able to say that BFC??

our vaunted defensive prospects have either blossomed and will be playing in the NHL or have Blummed out...

Um.....never. But look at how YOUNG the D corp is in Nashville; Weber is the old guy, Josi, Klein is kinda an old guy, Ekholm, Jones, Ellis, hell Bartley is a rookie but he seems like a vet. It's why I want a vet LHD to push the loser of Ek v Bart to Milwaukee

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Um.....never. But look at how YOUNG the D corp is in Nashville; Weber is the old guy, Josi, Klein is kinda an old guy, Ekholm, Jones, Ellis, hell Bartley is a rookie but he seems like a vet. It's why I want a vet LHD to push the loser of Ek v Bart to Milwaukee
I suspect that such a vet LHD, if he is to arrive, won't appear in contract negotiations 'till October.

CenterIceDude

Sep 29, 2013
Milwaukee, Wis.
Predators fan via Milwaukee, new poster here, hello. Just jumping in to say I was at the Admirals game on Saturday night and I'm sounding a Colton Sissons alert. Deft skater if not blazing, good ice sense, seems to always be in the right place - had two goals and rang the pipe for what would've been the hat trick. The Admirals have played only 5 games but of players with 5 games or less he's tied for second in the AHL in scoring with 4-2-6. And this is someone who's billed as a defensive forward. Looked like the real deal to me.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Predators fan via Milwaukee, new poster here, hello. Just jumping in to say I was at the Admirals game on Saturday night and I'm sounding a Colton Sissons alert. Deft skater if not blazing, good ice sense, seems to always be in the right place - had two goals and rang the pipe for what would've been the hat trick. The Admirals have played only 5 games but of players with 5 games or less he's tied for second in the AHL in scoring with 4-2-6. And this is someone who's billed as a defensive forward. Looked like the real deal to me.

Yeah, he really broke out offensively last season prior to a season-ending shoulder injury.

Sissons is highlighted in the next article at Hockey's Future. Look for it sometime this week...

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Welcome CID!

+1 on your post.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Devils fan here, I just wanted to ask about one of your prospects. I wanted the Devils to draft Sissons in 2012 instead of Matteau. It seems that he's developed pretty well and should be in line for a promotion sooner rather than later. I'm guessing he's a a 3C with the upside of a second line center at some point.

Would you guys be willing to deal him and is there anything the Devils have that might interest you?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Devils fan here, I just wanted to ask about one of your prospects. I wanted the Devils to draft Sissons in 2012 instead of Matteau. It seems that he's developed pretty well and should be in line for a promotion sooner rather than later. I'm guessing he's a a 3C with the upside of a second line center at some point.

Would you guys be willing to deal him and is there anything the Devils have that might interest you?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

His playing style and eventual upside is as you say-- 2/3 center -- two-way game with some scoring touch, Mike Fisher is a decent comparison.

With that said, we're very thin on forward prospects, particularly centers, so I doubt the Predators are into trading him, especially given his hot start to his rookie year in the AHL.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
His playing style and eventual upside is as you say-- 2/3 center -- two-way game with some scoring touch, Mike Fisher is a decent comparison.

With that said, we're very thin on forward prospects, particularly centers, so I doubt the Predators are into trading him, especially given his hot start to his rookie year in the AHL.

Disappointing, but understandable.

Thanks for responding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad