Injury Report: Colton Orr placed on IR (elbow)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Another one bites the dust.

Injury bug hitting us hard up and down the lineup. If Phaneuf goes down for some reason, season is over.

Mr Scarface*

I think Colton Orr has been injured the whole season. He has fought some yeah, but still, only his skating game and some solid hits have been working good. The man hasn't fought as much everybody thought so. He's been nursing some sort of injury like elbow the whole time. Now it's probably worse or not. He might be a healthy scratch too. Don't ever, ever trust if a ****er is placed on IR that he is truly injured. Sometimes these moves are out of RESPECT. Carlyle respects his players and veterans so much he gives them that IR stamp. Some of these situations are not true. They are resting, getting ready and gaining more energy. Energy for all those important hard games. Regular season games don't mean jack dirt.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
I hope he was injured the entire season besides that first game. Otherwise he has become a useless player. If he doesn't fight, there is no reason he should be in the nhl.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I think Colton Orr has been injured the whole season. He has fought some yeah, but still, only his skating game and some solid hits have been working good. The man hasn't fought as much everybody thought so. He's been nursing some sort of injury like elbow the whole time. Now it's probably worse or not. He might be a healthy scratch too. Don't ever, ever trust if a ****er is placed on IR that he is truly injured. Sometimes these moves are out of RESPECT. Carlyle respects his players and veterans so much he gives them that IR stamp. Some of these situations are not true. They are resting, getting ready and gaining more energy. Energy for all those important hard games. Regular season games don't mean jack dirt.

Respect is important I agree.
As for the rest of the team, they will be ready.
Rielly on msg from Carlyle yesterday: "He told me to play the game hard & if I'm chipping pucks off the glass chip it hard"
They get it.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
You're right. I'm sure the D'Amigo-Smith-McLaren/Ashton line will be lighting the lamp...

Have we ever looked for scoring there? Nope.

That being said, FML can still fight and Smith is more beneficial than Orr. So is DAmigo, so is Ashton. So is Holland.

Mr Scarface*

Respect is important I agree.
As for the rest of the team, they will be ready.
Rielly on msg from Carlyle yesterday: "He told me to play the game hard & if I'm chipping pucks off the glass chip it hard"
They get it.
Very glad to hear Rielly is doing it big now. The talent is right there and this guy has guts... the way he has courage to take role during these games is exceptional.
Mistakes happen to everybody. Carlyle knows that and doesn't give a flying dirt of that. Carlyle's players always know that this coach doesn't bite non if a mistake happens. If Carly's soldiers are doing it hard enough and giving all that positive energy then all is good. Carlyle doen't even think about winning or losing: Just the effort. Carlyle doesn't want to win games. That's his code really: Show up with hard effort. That very often concludes into points... and eventially to Stanley Cups.
It's an automatic transformation really.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Except for the ones you need to win.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Time for MacLaren to earn his keep. When is the last time he has gotten into a scrap

Mr Scarface*

Except for the ones you need to win.
Truth. There are some. But there are also those "Resting, relaxation, free nights off games" carlyle gave his players already this season. Many other great coaches also do that there.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Another one bites the dust.

Injury bug hitting us hard up and down the lineup. If Phaneuf goes down for some reason, season is over.

It's been tough this year .. Then again Detroit's got Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Helm, DeKeyser, and Bertuzzi all out so we're not the only ones hurting

Kessley Snipes*

You're right. I'm sure the D'Amigo-Smith-McLaren/Ashton line will be lighting the lamp...

I look at your username and I look at your little blurb about Corsi and I can only conclude that you are either a troll, or belong to the "watch the game" crowd that doesn't understand the simple concept behind possession statistics.

If you belong to the latter than I invite you to provide me with one practical benefit that Orr provides to this team.

Note: A practical benefit excludes fighting.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I look at your username and I look at your little blurb about Corsi and I can only conclude that you are either a troll, or belong to the "watch the game" crowd that doesn't understand the simple concept behind possession statistics.

If you belong to the latter than I invite you to provide me with one practical benefit that Orr provides to this team.

Note: A practical benefit excludes fighting.

I'm part of the crowd that understands offence doesn't come from the 4th line and thus you shouldn't expect it. Our fourth line right now won't put up more offensive possession stats than the Orr/Mclaren did. In fact I'd go out on a limb and say they won't get scoring chances in the offensive zone even if they have possession. Possession only matters if you're doing something with it. Orr and Mclaren provide a physical, intimidating style of hockey that can quickly diffuse a situation if one occurs. Ashton will get his nose broken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad