Pre-Game Talk: Colorado @ Toronto - Tuesday 7PM (EST) - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
What? That's how the Leafs score pretty much all of their goals, (aside from the PP).

Pretty much every goal is off the rush. There's no cycle game when it comes to the Leafs. Awful possession team, and don't take many shots, other than off the rush.

The leafs are more of a quick strike team then a puck rushing one.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Kulemin is actually a big loss. Injuries are mounting.

Don't be shocked if you see Kulemin penciled in for next game, the Leafs sent down Devane and Abbott today. I would guess Ashton is in, but that leaves one hole upfront, unless they plan on going with 11 forwards someone else has to sub in. Clarkson isn't an option due to his suspension, Mclaren can't play until after the 10 game mark, that leaves..... Kuleming. Yea I know he has a broken bone chip but lets get real guys play all the time on broken toes and bones, Kulemin wouldn't be the first or last player to play with an injury.

Could be cap management. Send down the guys who don't need to clear waivers on off days and bring them back up on game day.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Woo JFJ for bringing the Marlies back to Toronto! Wouldn't be able to do this so easily if they weren't.

LeafsFIO*

Hey remember when Colorado prevented us from going 4-0 two years ago and we ended up just fine :cry:

Hope Phaneuf tears a strip off of Nathan MackLindros tomorrow. See if he pulls his diving act on national TV or not.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Not to sound cocky, but Varlamov would be a busy man on Tuesday with that defense of theirs and Leafs attacking lines.

Also, Avs might be in to face better goaltending than they have faced so far.

P.S.: I am not an OCD guy by any means, but Kingstonian84 really messed up this thread by not using the Quote feature correctly in post 18. Half the posts are pain to read from that point on.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
My crystal ball says the Leafs are going 5-0 to start the season, so this is a win.

As good as they are on forward, their D is putrid and the worst in the league. Really want to beat this team because their HF following are so snarky and have a hard on for Leaf bashing.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I think this is gonna be a tough, hard fought game that could go either way. The Avs have a tonne of talented forwards with Duchene, Stastny, ROR, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Parenteau, McGinn, etc. Their d is weak, but Varlamov is a very good, very athletic goalie who can make up for it when he's playing well. The Avs are 2-0 so far, and destroyed a good Ducks team 6-1, we definitely should not take them lightly, especially with Clarkson, Kulemin and Fraser all out of the lineup.

kes81sel

Go MacT
Oct 24, 2010
Red Deer
I think this is gonna be a tough, hard fought game that could go either way. The Avs have a tonne of talented forwards with Duchene, Stastny, ROR, MacKinnon, Landeskog, Parenteau, McGinn, etc. Their d is weak, but Varlamov is a very good, very athletic goalie who can make up for it when he's playing well. The Avs are 2-0 so far, and destroyed a good Ducks team 6-1, we definitely should not take them lightly, especially with Clarkson, Kulemin and Fraser all out of the lineup.

I agree completely. I think the Avs could win if Varlamov continues playing so well and if the Avs forwards keep putting that puck in the net lots.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Ya, they have good forwards but so do we... Im not too worried because Carlyle surely is coming down hard on our guys for better defense. Bernier is in net and he has looked merely unstoppable... And as good as the AVs forwards are, i think Kessel JVR Lupul and Kadri along with Bolland and Raymond should have a hay day on the Avs brutal defense.

Really i think we should win this game but could lose because of external factors such as how many penalty's we take and the goal tending performances.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What? That's how the Leafs score pretty much all of their goals, (aside from the PP).

Pretty much every goal is off the rush. There's no cycle game when it comes to the Leafs. Awful possession team, and don't take many shots, other than off the rush.

Vs. Ott:

Raymond - cycle
Kadri - cycle (pp)
Lupul - cycle (pp)
Jvr - rush

Vs. Philly

Kessel - rush
Bolland - cycle
Bolland - cycle

Vs. Montreal

Jvr - cycle (pp)
Phaneuf - rush
Bozak - rush (pk)
Raymond - rush

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I think it'll be a tough off, theyve been playing well as late.

Leafs need to use their speed to get past their d like they did against Ottawa.

The Caveman

We are all the goat
Jan 14, 2007
Montreal, PQ
I would love to see a very boring, defence first game. I am pumped that they have won their first 3, but they are living on borrowed time here. All this weak D coverage will come back to hurt them. Asking our goalies to stand on their head every game is untenable.

Expecting a great effort from Morgan-Franson.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
"I really hope we blow the Leafs out. Easily my least favorite team in the league and there fan base is 90% filled with cocky, self righteous *****."

This comes directly from the AVS vs. Leafs thread in the Avalanche board.

I don't this guy likes us, but I might be wrong.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think this may be a wake up game, we have been getting away with poor play so far this season and Colorado seems to be having no issues scoring as of yet.

well hopefully they wake up in practice. I love Bernier and Reimer but the shots and chances they have faced is out of control so far. Need a ton more discipline in our game.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
"I really hope we blow the Leafs out. Easily my least favorite team in the league and there fan base is 90% filled with cocky, self righteous *****."

This comes directly from the AVS vs. Leafs thread in the Avalanche board.

I don't this guy likes us, but I might be wrong.

Oh, so like their coach.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Im getting really tired of hearing the media declare that we're sooooo lucky to be 3-0 and acting like other teams dont make mistakes and were unfortunate to lose.

Every team make mistakes. If they didnt, we wouldnt have won.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Im getting really tired of hearing the media declare that we're sooooo lucky to be 3-0 and acting like other teams dont make mistakes and were unfortunate to lose.

Every team make mistakes. If they didnt, we wouldnt have won.

It seems like everyone's bought into the idea that last season was a complete fluke. Just imagine how angry they'll be in March :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad