Post-Game Talk: Colorado @ Nashville 7:00

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
maybe lower your expectations a tiny bit? :laugh:

I found the game to be enjoyable considering they were able to keep up with the scoring pace. We don't see that every day.

Id much rather see us win a game 2-1 that maybe we didn't deserve because we outworked the other team or Rinne was awesome… instead I saw us lose to a Colorado team that didn't play 5 decent minutes combined in the first two periods and tried their damnedest to give us the game with a PP in the last two minutes of the game.

not to mention the frustration of having two different players with opportunities for hatties and because we cough up the tying goal with 3 minutes to play the Avs didn't pull their goalie and it didn't happen...

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The offensive players on this team should wear paper sacks on there heads. A rookie with less than 10 games and two defensemen were the shootout choices. And We are not surprised because it has happen regularly in the shootout for a while now.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Game is 60 minutes, not 40!!!!

How many times in the last few games have we allowed a goal within the last 2 minutes of a period? Instead of going into the 2nd period with a 2-0 lead by a dominating performance, they let the avs score and give them some life.

Jarnkrok, another point. But honestly I didn't really notice him during the game very much. I was surprised to see him start the OT, happy to see him out there getting rewarded for his work. And he needs to start winning some faceoffs.

This is a few games now that Sissons has had what looked like a good scoring chance developing only to drop pass or just pass to no one or the other team.

Nice to see Cullen get on the board. His first goal was awesome. I can't hardly remember the Preds ever getting goals like that. We're usually giving them up. And nice to see Josi get rewarded, too. He just had nice simple shots, you don't need to wind up and attempt a Weber bomb all the time! Of course the screen helped, too (we didn't do much screening in the third!).

And can we all take a moment to appreciate the fact that this team did not take one single penalty!:handclap:

Awesome, are they screen printed or twill stitched. And damn so very close to a first period hat trick
They do both print and stitch at the arena. I'm not sure how much they cost, but the stitching is naturally more.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
The offensive players on this team should wear paper sacks on there heads. A rookie with less than 10 games and two defensemen were the shootout choices. And We are not surprised because it has happen regularly in the shootout for a while now.

That rookie actually scored, unlike most of the other forwards in the shootout this season.

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012
[QUOTE=sparkle twin;82301577]Game is 60 minutes, not 40!!!!

Jarnkrok, another point. But honestly I didn't really notice him during the game very much. I was surprised to see him start the OT, happy to see him out there getting rewarded for his work. And he needs to start winning some faceoffs.

This is a few games now that Sissons has had what looked like a good scoring chance developing only to drop pass or just pass to no one or the other team.
Jarnkrok did help out the Avalanche on the one play where he passed the puck to an Avs player streaking down the wing at center ice which led to a Colorado goal. That wasn't so good. he has looked pretty good over all though.

Sissons played his 13th game last night. For me he has been okay I guess. So far no goals in his time on the big club. How long do you all think he stays? The rest of the year?

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Go up by two. Give up lead. Retake lead. Give up lead. Retake lead again. Give up lead. Fail on pp with two minutes to go. Lose in shootout. Predators hockey. Gotta love it.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Hate to say it but the last 3 goals on Peka should of been stopped. All 3 where the same spot stick side under the arm.
Peka makes those stops the Preds win.

Also noticed on several occasions Jarnkrok was wide open skating in and didn't get the pass. Specifically Smith. I would like to see him work on his full ice vision.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Sissions stays as long as Gaustad is injured I'd imagine. Once he comes back he probably goes back to the ads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad