Colorado most improved attendance in the league.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
QsQVYvV.jpg

Credits to Reddit for the stats. Attendance is down league wide but Colorado manage an almost 7% increase in attendance this year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You see that list and it is somewhat shocking seeing all the negatives, but then you see all the teams involved and don't worry. Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, and perhaps Ottawa normally have great attendances every day and normally sellout per game. I haven't checked the attendance figures in a month or so but I strictly remember seeing Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia with 100% capacity so I wonder what is going on with this data or ESPN.

The only shocking one to me is St. Louis and maybe Tampa Bay.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm sure it is tickets sold

Don Cherry can shove it. Remember when he ripped on the fans for having a lower attendance game during a broncos game? Well this is proof our fanbase will come back. And they haven't even received all that much local hype either.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I think Patrick Roy is the biggest reason for more tickets being sold. Heck, I was reading Jets GDT and one fan was saying he will be close to Roy and hoping to see some kind of blow up from him. Like it or not, Patrick Roy is probably the most interesting person in NHL at the moment. Either you love him or hate him, but people love to follow what he is doing next. Amazing. He's given this league huge spark.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
You can't forget more marketing and open-ness from the team in this. Good to see that everything is making a difference.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You can't forget more marketing and open-ness from the team in this. Good to see that everything is making a difference.

I went to the Jets game not too long ago, the fan experience overall felt like night and day from the last time I went (I didn't go last season, I refused to spend money to see that trainwreck). The jumbotron, the ice girls (hey, everything helps) and the overall atmosphere was just plain better. Plus, I'm probably wrong here but prices for tickets appeared lower than the last time I was at Pepsi Center. Something like $25-28 or something for nosebleed seats. I thought they were more than that.

That jumbotron is almost TOO big, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth, though I gotta admit it was surreal when I caught myself watching the play on the screen instead of the actual ice. :laugh:

Also, it's nice to see that it actually looks like a real live human being is running the Avs Twitter feed. I'm not expecting one quite as clever as the Kings' feed, but it's an improvement over last year.

welshrangersfan

Mar 30, 2011
Looking forward it getting out to Denver in March for my first visit to pepsi center against the Ducks. Couldn't help but notice that Avs' attendance has dropped in the last few weeks (as per espn stats) and is now down to 16,156 average, and 89% capacity. Genuine question, what gives? The team is the most exciting for years and they're fighting hard for a playoff spot, don't understand what's keeping the fans away? I know Kroenke is tight with his money and payroll is low, but despite this I'd still rather be in Avs position than say the Rangers who spend to the cap. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the year, fun team to watch.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Looking forward it getting out to Denver in March for my first visit to pepsi center against the Ducks. Couldn't help but notice that Avs' attendance has dropped in the last few weeks (as per espn stats) and is now down to 16,156 average, and 89% capacity. Genuine question, what gives? The team is the most exciting for years and they're fighting hard for a playoff spot, don't understand what's keeping the fans away? I know Kroenke is tight with his money and payroll is low, but despite this I'd still rather be in Avs position than say the Rangers who spend to the cap. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the year, fun team to watch.

It takes more than 3 good months to get fans back after 3 years of struggling and organizational problems. I think the hype is getting bigger and bigger!

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They have played just three weekend (fri, sat, sun) home games in the last month and a half and those opponents were Panthers, Wild, Wild. The other home games we've had were exciting opponents such as Phoenix on a Tuesday night. It is going to take time, continued success and some local hype to get numbers consistently high.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Like it or not, Patrick Roy is probably the most interesting person in NHL at the moment. Either you love him or hate him, but people love to follow what he is doing next. Amazing. He's given this league huge spark.

Patrick Roy IS the Avs marketing department.

I was just telling someone how awesome it is that he does the Fan show every Thursday AM now. He's an incredibly interesting interview and very blunt. I love it.

I also love how he deflects all the attention away from the young players. Landeskog doesn't need to be vocal when the coach already is. At this point in time he is the perfect coach and personality for this team.

Mant*

It takes more than 3 good months to get fans back after 3 years of struggling and organizational problems. I think the hype is getting bigger and bigger!

You can't just blame this all on Sacco, because it goes back much longer. Avs have been struggling since the lockout before last... they struggled under Granato, under Quenneville, and Sacco. Attendance started dropping when Bob Hartley was fired, Roy retired, and we lost Foote and Forsberg to the lockout. A common theme among all that was as the team was getting worse and worse, they were still raising ticket prices each year and were charging among the highest prices in the league.

Roy brought some fans back, but it's going to take a few seasons of deep playoff runs before we come close to having a sellout streak that isn't caused having a pair of back to back home games against Detroit and Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00