GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs. Winnipeg Jets, October 27th 2013, 8:00PM EST 06:00PM MST

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Mostly I feel at some point you need to have faith that Varlamov can win a road game. How long can you protect him from them before it's too late for him to ever have confidence to win them?

I think it is more because Varly wants to play the home games. When he has been the first star at home, he has made it a huge point at the end of his interview to thank the crowd.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
:laugh: i guess im as bad as him

Oh not at all! One would expect Dater to report the info on these types of things. I just knew it after seeing he tweeted about the interview right before.

Varly played in Washington and Toronto and those were not exactly easy road starts. I think for the most part it is how the schedule is falling with maybe a slight nod to Jiggy in tough road starts but its not like they are actively avoiding playing Varly on the road at all.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Mostly I feel at some point you need to have faith that Varlamov can win a road game. How long can you protect him from them before it's too late for him to ever have confidence to win them?

i agree, but the next two games are the exception to the rule . Friday and Saturday are back to back games , it's not a surprise that both goalies will see some action over the week-end . I'm not surprise that Giguère is playing Friday against Dallas , this way , Roy will play his number one and best goalie against the Habs . It's Roy's first year as a coach and i'm pretty sure there's a circle arround saturday's game on his calendar . Roy will want to win this game badly , that's why Varly is playing Saturday .

Plus it's Adam Foote's night , (who played for the Nordiques )Roy's old roommate, on top of that . Trust me, Roy knows the impact of a lost against the Habs on this special night . He will be all over the Québec media the next day . Roy will put all the chances on his side .

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
i agree, but the next two games are the exception to the rule . Friday and Saturday are back to back games , it's not a surprise that both goalies will see some action over the week-end . I'm not surprise that Giguère is playing Friday against Dallas , this way , Roy will play his number one and best goalie against the Habs . It's Roy's first year as a coach and i'm pretty sure there's a circle arround saturday's game on his calendar . Roy will want to win this game badly , that's why Varly is playing Saturday .

Plus it's Adam Foote's night , (who played for the Nordiques )Roy's old roommate, on top of that . Trust me, Roy knows the impact of a lost against the Habs on this special night . He will be all over the Québec media the next day . Roy will put all the chances on his side .

:handclap: Right on point play Varly in a big confidence boosting game. He also played well against the East. Giggy and Varly will be splitting time. If anyone knows how to manage goalies it is Roy and Allaire.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Yeah, people are making too big of a deal out of this goaltending situation.

Don't worry guys, Varly will start to get more road starts as the season goes on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad