GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Winnipeg Jets @7:30PM MNT 4/23/24 Game 2: Jets lead series 1-0

Will Fourgiev have a save percentage above .700?

• Yes

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Does it even matter?

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Why kid ourselves?

Votes: 16 30.2%

• Total voters

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
GREAT bounce back game. I didn't like Mack and Mikko much but everyone else was good. Kiviranta, Wood, Makar, Manson were probably the best players.

Props to George, I didn't like the first goal but he settled in and made some great saves, hopefully this gives him some confidence.

George has allowed 9 goals in 2 games
Hellebuyck has allowed 11
Through two games I have been super impressed what Kiviranta has brought. Gritty play and some offense. He isn't perfect but it's been close for a third liner.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Josh Manson is a good interview. Nice guy.
Josh Manson talking about how in Anaheim if the team scores 4(?) goals in a game they gave out coupons for free chicken and if they did that in Denver ‘they’d be giving out a lot of chicken’ is one of my all time favourite mic’ed up moments. He’s an absolute gem

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Gun to the head. This or Bulgaria. George showed up and played solid. Props to the guy and props to the guys in front of him especially the depth guys tonight. Honestly, when was the last time the depth players won the Avs a playoff game?
When the depth line was Messier-Podein-Yelle.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Makar looked great.
Manson too. Colton and Wood are also money in the playoffs.

Mackinnon has been okay. Hit a couple posts already and hasn’t dominated yet but he’s still been pretty good imo. Atleast doesn’t deserve to be in the same sentence as Rantanen. I really don’t know what the hell is up with him. Can’t even receive a pass without fumbling it and losing every single board battle

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
That games not only made me a little frisky, hot damned I'm going to sleep well tonight. In fact, may even break the junk food rule, and have a glass of wine !!!

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Awesome to see George actually look solid. Team looked great. Really just a question of what kinda play your getting in net going forward. Everything else is cup level.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
1WXxCIg.png

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
George all the credit in the world, he was the man tonight, and he deserved that. Incredible performance considering the situation.

94 deserves props he was a monster fighting for every inch out there. Kivaranta was a fighter tonight.

Overall nice win, did what it took to win. On to the next one.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Jets are playing well against MacKinnon. They don't give him a lot of ice to work with. Eventually he'll break through.

Georgiev played really well after a little bit shaky first period. He settled down and came up with big saves when needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad