Series Talk: Colorado Avalanche vs Minnesota Wild

What's the record going to be after this 4 game series?

• Total voters

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Just a little series thread for these 4 games we have against the Wild. This is gonna get nasty and I'm really looking forward to it. Looking for a 4-0 sweep with some big games from the core guys.

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
f*** the Wild

tenor.gif

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Ugly second game of this mini series. Huge season implications if MacK is out for any significant period of time. f***.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’ve been super impressed by Eriksson Ek in this mini series.

He might turn into a legit 1C for the Wild.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’ve been super impressed by Eriksson Ek in this mini series.

He might turn into a legit 1C for the Wild.

He was always good defensively for them, the question was whether he could produce enough offense to be a legit scoring line center. I don't know how much of it is his development and how much is Kaprizov being a force of nature, but whatever the case they have something very solid brewing there.

Conversely, I'm not entirely displeased to see that Carson Soucy has had kind of a rough go of it so far in this series. Too bad the Avs version of him (Graves) has been far, far worse.

Reactions: Northern Avs Fan

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
You can’t take Graves out of the lineup with all the injuries and the Avs really need him to play passably with Toews and EJ out.

I wouldn’t mind putting him with Makar to see if he can get some confidence back. I don’t want it as a long term pair, but i’d like to try and get Gravy going.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You can’t take Graves out of the lineup with all the injuries and the Avs really need him to play passably with Toews and EJ out.

I wouldn’t mind putting him with Makar to see if he can get some confidence back. I don’t want it as a long term pair, but i’d like to try and get Gravy going.
Graves is fortunate Toews and EJ are out. Jared would be justified in sitting him based on the last 3 games. Graves needs to get it together.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Graves is fortunate Toews and EJ are out. Jared would be justified in sitting him based on the last 3 games. Graves needs to get it together.
If everyone is healthy Graves plays bottom pairing with EJ. I think he could be fine there.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
2-0-1! Tight game yesterday. We need MacK back before Vegas eats us alive lol. LOC needs to stay up.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I dunno, I didn’t like that pairing. I thought I would but both of them are too turnover prone and really struggle with a strong forecheck.
The issue with that pairing is that neither of them is particularly adept at bringing the puck out of the D zone when under pressure by the opposition forecheck. With the top 2 pairs they usually manage to break out even under heavy pressure because all four of them are agile and good at transitioning the puck.

Perhaps the solution is simply to keep them apart, with one of Graves/Johnson paired with Girard and the other with Byram.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
At this point, we don’t need the next one, but wow would it put the wild in a hole. And screw those guys.
I would argue that we do very much need the next one.

6 of the next 8 games after the last Wild game are against St. Louis or Vegas, and with a depleted lineup we could find it very tough going in those games.

As such, picking up points in winnable games against Minnesota and Arizona to keep pace with St. Louis and build up a buffer with Vegas who have games in hand will be really important.

upload_2021-2-3_11-46-8.png

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I would argue that we do very much need the next one.

6 of the next 8 games after the last Wild game are against St. Louis or Vegas, and with a depleted lineup we could find it very tough going in those games.

As such, picking up points in winnable games against Minnesota and Arizona to keep pace with St. Louis and build up a buffer with Vegas who have games in hand will be really important.

View attachment 392066

We’ll always have hard games on the horizon. If we end this series at 2-1-1 with MacKinnon missing 2.5 games, it’s not going to be a series you look back on with regret. If we end up going 2-6 over the next 8, that’s it’s own issue.

But as always, I’ll take as many points as we can get. 3-0-1 with MacKinnon out would be a phenomenal result.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richard88

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Probably safe to say we won't have MacKinnon back for the STL games and we just have to pray we get him back before the four game series against Vegas.

Good lord the Avs should have a pretty good March.

upload_2021-2-3_8-19-36.png

Reactions: missionAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad