GDT: Colorado Avalanche Vs Dallas Stars 11/18/23 6:00PM Mountain Time: Test Your Might!

With American turkey day looming ever closer, Which of these wonders tastes the best?

• Turkey

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Ham

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Stuffing

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Green bean casserole

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Sweet potato souffle

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Yeast Rolls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pumpkin pie

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Jason Robertson seems Dany Heatley-esque to me.

A guy who is going to produce a couple of elite scoring seasons (had 109 last season, Heatley had seasons of 105 and 103), a couple of pretty good seasons (Heatley had 3 other seasons in the 80-85 point range) then a few average ~50 point seasons before fading away quietly.

Something about the way he plays, specifically skating, makes me think he will be lumbering around the ice poorly sooner than later.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

A guy who is going to produce a couple of elite scoring seasons (had 109 last season, Heatley had seasons of 105 and 103), a couple of pretty good seasons (Heatley had 3 other seasons in the 80-85 point range) then a few average ~50 point seasons before fading away quietly.

Something about the way he plays, specifically skating, makes me think he will be lumbering around the ice poorly sooner than later.
It also doesn’t help Robertson that half of the Dallas forward core are old.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019

rockstar shit

Reactions: dahrougem2

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
lol is it a slow start? Other than his shooting % and PPGs I’d say he’s been solid.
It’s still bit slow for him, mostly the goal scoring, but it’s always like that for MacK. I think he had less goals last year this time of the year and finished with 42. Year before he had way less goals through November and finished with 32

Reactions: Azrael89

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I almost did as well.. told my gf that when it's 0-4 I'll turn the game off. When Stars scored 3-0, she went to the drawer, got us both Avs jerseys and told me to put one on as "we will watch the rest of the game wearing these" (I had to wear the Duchene one and she wore the Rantanen one lol).

Damn what a gem she is.
Treat her well. That's marriage material.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I'm not happy. This Stars team is just better than us in every way.
This is why I love coming here after a massive comeback.
Lots of teams coming back from 3 goal deficits this year. Not us, but lots of teams have done it
See, this one gets it, and almost was confident about it.
damn I thought the game started later tonight? Looks like I should have just skipped it.
I hope you didn't. I almost turned it off and boy am I ever glad I stuck with it. I kind of had the feeling when we were down 2-0, but at 3-0 I was like well, maybe not... But it was a great Rocky feeling eventually.
Just got out of work and checked the score. I see I’m not watching hockey tonight
NO WATCH IT REALLY YOU'LL LIKE IT eventually.
Miles just scored. I believe this will be the comeback that launches the Avs into a season heater...
:banana:
No confidence in George to hold off for us
BZZZZT
So who is going to score an empty netter?
I predict...hmmm...Rosco.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
No I stuck around. I never turn off the game no matter how bad it gets. I just legit thought it was a 6pm start and missed the first and a couple minutes into the 2nd. Turned out to be a fun game. Sucking the life out of American Airlines Center is always a treat!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
They get a full 60 minutes of that BS every game.

Nice win by the boys, seems like Nuke wanted a bit of revenge against the stars, and got it.

Did MacK's hockey IQ fall into an un-flushed toilet again?
If the rest of the team is scoring goals, I'm fine with MacK being the Avs decoy. lol

I was hoping we'd sign Wood, Kiviranta and Caleb Jones and so far they are looking pretty damn alright. If this team gels more and the top guys get hot, we are a nightmare to play. We actually have experienced and talented bottom 6 guys now.
I like what I am seeing from Jones thus far.

I think he's better than his past his prime older brother is at this stage in his career.......

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I was hoping we'd sign Wood, Kiviranta and Caleb Jones and so far they are looking pretty damn alright. If this team gels more and the top guys get hot, we are a nightmare to play. We actually have experienced and talented bottom 6 guys now.
Pretty Damn Alright should be this year’s motto

Reactions: Gumballhead

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If the rest of the team is scoring goals, I'm fine with MacK being the Avs decoy. lol

I like what I am seeing from Jones thus far.

I think he's better than his past his prime older brother is at this stage in his career.......
I agree. Jones has looked good and seems to be a decent fit. Any player who can skate fast, pass well, and work hard can fit this team. Bednar dream.

Last edited:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Correct Sir.

As i said: Give the new guys until end of november or 20 games....

As long as this team and the core stays healthy as good as it gets, and MacFarland dont shit his pants again at TDL, we are a still a team to beat in the west.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Mack has been bad by his standards so far this season. His point production is not representing well his level of play. He is not driving the play at all, he forces passes that simply dont exist and his shot selections are terrible.

Same can be said about Byram, and Toews although he elevated his game lately.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Mack has been bad by his standards so far this season. His point production is not representing well his level of play. He is not driving the play at all, he forces passes that simply dont exist and his shot selections are terrible.

Same can be said about Byram, and Toews although he elevated his game lately.

Yea, there are still a bunch of key players that aren’t really playing up to what they have shown previously. I think you either need to have Byram play more with Makar, or you need to play him consistently as a LD.

MacK needs to get his head out of his ass and Rants needs to get moving. It’s a testament to their talent that MacKinnon and Rantanen can look pretty bad and still produce tons

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Yea, there are still a bunch of key players that aren’t really playing up to what they have shown previously. I think you either need to have Byram play more with Makar, or you need to play him consistently as a LD.

MacK needs to get his head out of his ass and Rants needs to get moving. It’s a testament to their talent that MacKinnon and Rantanen can look pretty bad and still produce tons

Someone needs to be the hero and post a Mack looks bad thread on the main board.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia

Yeap, that Girard Byram pairing is not good.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad