GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Arizona Coyotes - Put Something on the Table - 1PM

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have the third best PK in the league this year and EJ and Nemeth are horses on it. I do think the way the forwards are playing is a big factor too. Nieto, Sodaberg, Comeau and Landeskog have all been excellent on the PK. Compared to past years they are much better at taking away lanes through the slot.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
So are we no longer allowed to criticize Nemeth? Spare your feelings or something like that?

Dude's been very good this season for large stretches. And then sometimes he plays like doodoo. You need to stop taking it so personally when fans say things about players you like.

You can write whatever f***ing you want but I may still react (sometimes) when you are calling him donkey, moron and idiot... ;-)

Nemeth is the main reason why the Avs currently is fourth in NHL pk stats and I'm incredibly tired of the lack of respect. We are in the same team, right?

Edit: Ok, he is one of the main reasons...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The Avs perfect record on my birthday games continues (it was yesterday, but close enough). I thought the offense was pretty ineffective despite the goals. Decent goaltending from Kuemper and no lucky bounces make this a 2-2 game in regulation.

Loved Siemens in this game. More confidence with the puck than usual, generally smart decision making with it, and solid in his own end despite being saddled with Warsofsky most of the night.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The Avs perfect record on my birthday games continues (it was yesterday, but close enough). I thought the offense was pretty ineffective despite the goals. Decent goaltending from Kuemper and no lucky bounces make this a 2-2 game in regulation.

Loved Siemens in this game. More confidence with the puck than usual, generally smart decision making with it, and solid in his own end despite being saddled with Warsofsky most of the night.
Really? Siemens was a mess with the puck. Punted it a few times, including one leading to the Coyotes second goal, and then caused a 2 in 1 with a turnover in the third. After that, the coaches benched him until the game was out of hand. Not that Warsofsky was great or anything but Siemens played very poorly.

Regarding Nemeth, I think he’s been solid the last month or two. He and Girard have played well together.

Reactions: Pure and 21

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I haven't seen a single poster call him a donkey

I think you're massively overreacting and should chill out

I agree to disagree but it's cool.

100% sure somebody sure somebody called him a donkey (not today though). Wtf, why would I write that if it wasn't the truth, don't have the energy right now finding this specific post now though, also not sure if the admins removed it or not?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The amount of Nemeth complaints is nothing compared to Varlamov, Landeskog or Barrie, and those guys are much better and more important players.

Reactions: cgf

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Good to see andrighetto back, how did he look. Can he give our 2nd/3rd line a bit of a boost that we need?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Good to see andrighetto back, how did he look. Can he give our 2nd/3rd line a bit of a boost that we need?

He's not Jost, but he's been a real breath of fresh air. Plus he punked OEL after OEL broke his stick when cross-checking Sven. Which was awesome.

I really hope Kamenev is good to go soon because I think a Jost - Kam - Ghetto line could give us some legit secondary scoring behind the top line and the Soda line.

Reactions: Pure

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's not Jost, but he's been a real breath of fresh air. Plus he punked OEL after OEL broke his stick when cross-checking Sven. Which was awesome.

I really hope Kamenev is good to go soon because I think a Jost - Kam - Ghetto line could give us some legit secondary scoring behind the top line and the MacK line.
Fixed that lol

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

I really hope Kamenev is good to go soon because I think a Jost - Kam - Ghetto line could give us some legit secondary scoring behind the top line and the Soda line.

I hope so too, but I would not count on top 6 level contribution from a rookie. I really want a legit top 6 forward in the off season to give our team depth.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If Kamenev and EJ can come back before the end of the season and we can continue to stay in the playoff hunt.. oh baby.

That was quick, also unexpected.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I hope so too, but I would not count on top 6 level contribution from a rookie. I really want a legit top 6 forward in the off season to give our team depth.
To be fair, Jost, Compher, and Kerfoot will all no longer be rookies after this season. I still want a top sixer but unless they all stall in their sophomore seasons we will get at least one good secondary scorer out of that bunch.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Oh I don’t expect too much from Kamenev but Kerf n Comph are out of steam, so we need someone else with some skill to be the third wheel for Jost n Sven. Since Bednar isn’t ready to give Greer that chance, I stuck hoping for a healthy Kam.

Reactions: Foppberg

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Kamenev and EJ can come back before the end of the season and we can continue to stay in the playoff hunt.. oh baby.

That was quick, also unexpected.

I expected it. You can't go and cross check a player and break your stick on him without repercussion from the league, even if it's just a small fine.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
A gif of Andrighetto putting OEL on his arse, please.

W7voEE.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
To be fair, Jost, Compher, and Kerfoot will all no longer be rookies after this season. I still want a top sixer but unless they all stall in their sophomore seasons we will get at least one good secondary scorer out of that bunch.

I think we'll get at least 1 as well (IMO it will be Jost), but 1 isn't enough, which is why we need at least 1 proven top 6 UFA.

Ideally

Mack-Line (nuff said)
UFA-Jost-Ghetto (I strongly believe Jost will be a legit top 6 player, Ghetto can produce with two good players next to him and be an effective 3rd wheel).

By top 6 UFA, I want him to either be good enough to be a 3rd wheel on the first line, or be a driver on the 2nd line. This means that we would shift Landy down to the 2nd line to be a dynamic dual with Jost and still have an effective 1st line.

Kerfoot-Soderberg-Compher (kerfoot is smart enough to play on this line even if he lacks size. Compher can IMO take Comeau's role with his speed, shot and hustle).
Toninato-Kam-Nieto (Kam needs a year in the NHL sheltered to get up to speed, Nieto would be one of the better 4th liners in the league, Toninato IMO can PK next year)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad