GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Anaheim Ducks: Flying aVs Edition

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I love the GDT but...am I, like, the only hockey fan who just never cared much for The Mighty Ducks movie? I've never bothered with the sequels and the original just never resonated with me.
giphy.gif

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I love the GDT but...am I, like, the only hockey fan who just never cared much for The Mighty Ducks movie? I've never bothered with the sequels and the original just never resonated with me.

Were you born without a soul or did you trade it along with a second rounder for Brad Stuart?

Reactions: McMetal

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
You are right. Shit movie that spun off in a terrible name for an NHL team. Hate that franchise.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
No Makar, Bura, Rantanen, Kadri, Calvert, and Grubauer?

It's ok. It's the Ducks.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio

As someone who grew up in the states not playing (Besides in-line with neighbor kids) or watching hockey I liked it when the 1st came out (yes, I’m old...er). Once I started following hockey closely in high school, & better learning the game the 1st lost some of its luster. Now the trilogy (mostly movies 2 & 3) is kinda like B horror films for me- entertaining, in part because they’re a bit ridiculous.

That said, the Avs can take 1 lesson from Coach Reilly to heart:

71dae6fd-6281-415c-866d-dd5cf5d215f8_text.gif

:sarcasm:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
If Landy's nose was seriously broken he wouldn't be able to breathe through his nose, which would affect performance

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver

Sequels stink for every movie, but the original Mighty Ducks is a classic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad