GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs Anaheim Ducks 2/11/2014

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Imagine if EJ keeps up his play the whole season. It took him 25 games to get 8 points last season.

Screen_Shot_2014_11_02_at_3_16_55_PM.png

He'd be welcomed to the Elite Club.

Half of those points have come on the PP though, and the PP has been pretty hot lately. He seems to be getting a lot more PP times this year too, so I'm sure that helps. Both things may not last the whole year, so his production might take a dip.

How many minutes is he averaging?

He's leading the team with 22:23.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152COLSASALL&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=summary

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sigh Guenin in over Redmond again.

I really really hope Roy is hoping to trade Guenin. Obviously he isn't the centre piece of any deal but maybe he is trying to give him some protected ice time to hopefully increase his advanced stats so somebody would be willing to take him as a throw in as part of a deal.

member 116861

I really really hope Roy is hoping to trade Guenin. Obviously he isn't the centre piece of any deal but maybe he is trying to give him some protected ice time to hopefully increase his advanced stats so somebody would be willing to take him as a throw in as part of a deal.

Sadly, Roy just believes that Guenin is a good player. To be fair, Guenin was pretty good last game and if anybody should be replaced by Redmond, it should be Holden.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
22:23 and that includes the 2 games he left, one 7 minutes in. So it's probably closer to 24-25.

Freudian broke it down without the game he got hurt and without the game he got ejected and it was like 25:10 I think.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sadly, Roy just believes that Guenin is a good player. To be fair, Guenin was pretty good last game and if anybody should be replaced by Redmond, it should be Holden.

He's a core player, man. Roy made it a point to mention that a few times. He isn't going anywhere.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Freudian broke it down without the game he got hurt and without the game he got ejected and it was like 25:10 I think.

That's good to see and it seems to be thriving on the minutes. He might even be able to handle 27-28 a night.

member 116861

How do casual fans around Colorado feel about EJ? Do they still hate him?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Half of those points have come on the PP though, and the PP has been pretty hot lately. He seems to be getting a lot more PP times this year too, so I'm sure that helps. Both things may not last the whole year, so his production might take a dip.

He's leading the team with 22:23.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152COLSASALL&sort=avgTOIPerGame&viewName=summary

Only 3/8 points are PP points. A close to 50/50 PP/ES point distribution isn't that odd. For example, last season Weber had 30 ES and 26 PP. Subban had 30 ES and 23 PP points. Last year EJ had 25 ES and 14 PP. It's his PP totals that have more room to grow than his ES production.

Not to mention the team as a whole only has 18 even strength goals in 12 games. 18th best in the league. If the team starts to pick it up his point totals might not take a big dip.

Would be pretty cool to see him hit 50 points.

Shattenkirk will always outscore him, therefore the Avs lost that trade to the casual fan, and EJ should be disliked (just what it seems from reading the Avs Facebook and twitter). People do seem more positive about him now on twitter though.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
EJ won't give him interviews. So yes, Dater hates EJ. Always quick to criticize a mistake. Hardly ever gives him a compliment.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Im cautiously optimistic he is stating to realize his offensive potential
But im afraid he is like our PK, its going great then will abruptly come back
down to earth.

It would just help soooo much if he put up a 45-50 pts. I know he can do it.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
at least this game is in February ... will give us lots of time to get better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad