GDT: Colorado Avalanche @ Boston Bruins 5:00PM Mountain Time 12/3/22 (Emergency Level: They're all dead Jim)

Best 80's teen movie?

• Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • The Breakfast Club (1985)

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Footloose (1984)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Outsiders (1983)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Say Anything (1989)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Dirty Dancing (1987)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Risky Business (1983)

• WarGames (1983)

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Sixteen Candles (1984)

• Just One of the Guys (1985)

• Teen Wolf (1985)

• Weird Science (1985)

• Adventures in Babysitting (1987)

• Pretty In Pink (1986)

• Stand By Me (1986)

• Better Off Dead (1985)

• Other? Comment below.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • The Goonies (1985)

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
What? Boston would mop the floor with Colorado. That’s not how the avs are gonna win against Boston. I wouldn’t worry about this loss. Half the avs are hurt. Regular seaSon game. No big deal. The injury is unfortunate. Generally in the nhl a defender will put a guy down at all costs when they are scrambling in the crease like that. Mcavoy is a thick train. A violent strong defender. Colorado needs a couple players like this. The only thing about Colorado that I would consider a flaw is the toughness. They aren’t a violent hard hitting team. They will miss kadri a lot. Kadri is what they are missing imo.

I think we more puffing the chest due to the unbeaten at home record. It’s pretty extraordinary to be honest. If you watched this team every game you would totally get it. And don’t worry. Colorado is just injury depleted. They will be fine. Teams stacked. Best defender on the planet plays for them.
I wonder who is so scary in your lineup.

Reactions: Alienblood

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yet Avs aren't #1 as far as MGL?
No, Washington has been utterly ruined by injuries this season even worse than the Avs have been.

Regarding that chart, though, the Avs are going to be soaring up with all these injuries occurring. Landeskog, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Rodrigues, Helm, Byram, Manson every game from here on out for the next little bit will have us passing Columbus in no time and making a charge at Washington.
I wonder who is so scary in your lineup.
Not sure if serious but the Bruins are a terrifying team as presently constructed. One of the best top pairings in hockey with Lindholm-McAvoy, one of the best top lines in the league with Marchand - Bergeron - DeBrusk, and their depth is very good. Taylor Hall plays on their 3rd line, and a centre group of Bergeron/Krejci/Coyle is outstanding.

If healthy the Bruins will be a very tough out in the playoffs and should be high on everyone's list to come out of the Eastern Conference.

Reactions: the_fan

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
No, Washington has been utterly ruined by injuries this season even worse than the Avs have been.

Regarding that chart, though, the Avs are going to be soaring up with all these injuries occurring. Landeskog, Nichushkin, Lehkonen, Rodrigues, Helm, Byram, Manson every game from here on out for the next little bit will have us passing Columbus in no time and making a charge at Washington.

Not sure if serious but the Bruins are a terrifying team as presently constructed. One of the best top pairings in hockey with Lindholm-McAvoy, one of the best top lines in the league with Marchand - Bergeron - DeBrusk, and their depth is very good. Taylor Hall plays on their 3rd line, and a centre group of Bergeron/Krejci/Coyle is outstanding.

If healthy the Bruins will be a very tough out in the playoffs and should be high on everyone's list to come out of the Eastern Conference.
He was talking about their toughness.

Reactions: dahrougem2

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

They really only do Lindholm and McAvoy together against one line teams, which obviously plays into Bostons hands with the current injury situation. Was at the game with some nice Colorado fans behind me. Was a bit disappointed to see the tired not very good version of Makar as he is my favorite non-Bruin.

Reactions: Alienblood

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Yeah, this is one of those instances where I hate Bednar's passiveness at retaliation. That's not a hockey play, that's a dude trying to hurt another player.

The next time the Avs play the Bruins and there's a scrum in front of the net, I hope someone grabs him forcefully by the neck and slams him down to the ice. See how much he likes it. F***ing dirty play. There is nothing "hockey" about what he did to Lehkonen.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
That looks more like shoulder hits the ice not his head

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Are we gonna endure this from every fan base until Avs get healthy? They gonna come here and tells us how they're better than the Avs because they beat a team that has half AHL roster?

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Are we gonna endure this from every fan base until Avs get healthy? They gonna come here and tells us how they're better than the Avs because they beat a team that has half AHL roster?
That's how it works. Nobody gives a shit if they are healthy or not.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
A rational fan would give a shit

Edit: I mean if the Avs beat the Bruins in few days with a half depleted roster, I should go to their board and tell them how they should be embarrassed for losing to an AHL team. See how they like that shit

Last edited:
Reactions: katfude

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Meh, if fans want to throw themselves a parade for beating half a team be my guest. Just shows how scared they are of the Avs when healthy that they have the "I don't care if the Avs are hurt they are still the cup champs" mentality. We saw it with Jets fans and now Bruins fans.

Reactions: Murzu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad