GDT: Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks - Jan. 30, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaego

May 18, 2011
I think Barrie has been fine. Don't recall any mistakes and provides offense that no one else does (he shouldn't on the pp of EJ but thats a differnt problem)

TheFactor

Johnny Malkin
Mar 25, 2011
Calgary
I know people here have zero patience with Barrie but I want him to play every single game. His skating, passing is miles ahead of pretty much every non-EJ Johnson defenseman and he's not afraid to jump into the play. We still have four spots for useless defensive guys even if he plays.

Agree. The kid just needs sometime, and considering how awful we are right now, it's worth it to just give him more ice time and let him polish his game.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I know people here have zero patience with Barrie but I want him to play every single game. His skating, passing is miles ahead of pretty much every non-EJ Johnson defenseman and he's not afraid to jump into the play. We still have four spots for useless defensive guys even if he plays.

Yeah, might as well bring up Elliott too. Our defense is the 30th best in the league even with our older guys so might as well give the time to lads who will benefit from it.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

If the avs keep losing then they might as well give him and other kids more experience. The D has too many 5th or 6th dmen.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
They should just feed Barrie and Sgarbossa minutes, give them some talent to play, and look to develop those guys. Basically, just run Sgarbossa-Duchene-someone and Barrie-EJ as much as possible...because everyone else is pretty close to a lost cause.

Knowing Sacco, he'll pressbox them both for the rest of the season.

Here comes 4-0

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I don't think he's ready and he makes some poor decisions but you might be right. The rest of the guys can't play defense and provide no offense. At least Barrie can do something right.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I can't imagine Varly being pleased. He was a KHL allstar, on a decent team.

Now he's on the bottom feeder, no team in front of him, no help at all. Throw in Giguere at least so Varly can watch how bad this team is and not feel as bad.

Appleanche

Jan 15, 2013
Asheville, NC
If the avs keep losing then they might as well give him and other kids more experience. The D has too many 5th or 6th dmen.

Agreed, what's the point of these 6th D-MMen that can't tough the puck.

Cool, another penalty for Border.. and he only has one fight this season.. sucks.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Sherman is not pleased.

either is Mr Peabody
They can't get the Wayback Machine to work to get us back to when we were good

peabody.jpg

Cynthesis

Sep 27, 2010
Sgarbossa really needs to stay on the roster. Sadly, he's the second most offensively talented player on this lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad