OT: Colorado Avalanche All-Time Whipping Boy Team

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Anyone that doesn't mention Arnason is wrong. He will NEVER live down his whipping boy title, at least Skoula made something of his career.

Pual Statsny

Overpaid, overrated
Jul 22, 2010
Awesometown
Battaglia - Arnason - Jones (imagine if that line ever played together!)
Wolski - Turgeon - Svatos (although he had one good year)
Lacroix - Shantz - Porter
Worrell - Wyatt Smith - May

Skoula - Brisebois
Zanon - Clark
Hunwick - O'Byrne

Theodore
Raycroft

Honorable mentions: McAllister, Nedorost, Budaj, Rycroft, Hlinka, McAmmond, Morris (not really his fault mostly just because he came in a horrible trade...and then was traded away in an even worse one for Chris Gratton and Ossi Vaananen), O'Brien.

Turgeon...really? One of the most underrated players of all time. The reason why Dale Hunter should be blackballed from the league.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I personally loved Turgeon as a player.

Maybe he wasn't incredible when he came to the Avs, but the guy was completely on the downside of his career. Did people really have that high of expectations for him? How does Turgeon get flack but Jari Kurri doesn't then? It was pretty much an identical situation (not saying Kurri even belongs on this list - I have all the admiration in the world for both of these guys, but they were both clearly on their last legs with the Avs). It was awesome just to see both Turgeon and Kurri in an Avs uniform after I'd been a fan of theirs growing up.

I didn't put Kasparitus on the list for the same reason. Liked the guy from afar (even though he was very dirty) but he was totally out of his element on the Avs too.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I personally loved Turgeon as a player.

Maybe he wasn't incredible when he came to the Avs, but the guy was completely on the downside of his career. Did people really have that high of expectations for him? How does Turgeon get flack but Jari Kurri doesn't then? It was pretty much an identical situation (not saying Kurri even belongs on this list - I have all the admiration in the world for both of these guys, but they were both clearly on their last legs with the Avs). It was awesome just to see both Turgeon and Kurri in an Avs uniform after I'd been a fan of theirs growing up.

I didn't put Kasparitus on the list for the same reason. Liked the guy from afar (even though he was very dirty) but he was totally out of his element on the Avs too.

I actually thought Turgeon did great feeding Svatos the puck. That combo was really fun to watch.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Who was the other guy on that line ? All i can remember is that he was a young player too .

I thought it was Kono-Turgeon-Svatos for awhile but I'm not positive. I know Kono also played with Graton and Barnaby so I'd have to go back and do some searching. Edit...did a quick search and Kono did play with them prior to breaking his wrist. Not sure who joined them afterwards.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I thought it was Kono-Turgeon-Svatos for awhile but I'm not positive. I know Kono also played with Graton and Barnaby so I'd have to go back and do some searching. Edit...did a quick search and Kono did play with them prior to breaking his wrist. Not sure who joined them afterwards.

Was that Laaksonen?

Guys , you're probably right , i can't remember who was the other player.
All i remember is that he was kinda Young , it was in 2006 i remember that Jori teased me about the comment i made .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad