GDT: COLONEL MELNYK EDITION - HABS vs SENS @ CTC - 7:30pm ET

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
honourary-colonel-eugene-melnyk.jpg

Melnyk became the new honorary colonel of 414 Electronic Warfare Support Squadron during a ceremony in Ottawa yesterday.

MacA-Turris-Chiasson
Hoff-Zibby-Ryan
Condra-Pageau-Lazar
Michalek-Legwand-Stone

Methot-EK
Cowen-Ceci
Wiercioch-Gryba

Andy starts

Phillips and Greening are healthy scratches. Smith, Neil and Boro still out with injuries, although Chris and Mark did skate today. No timetable for their returns.

Habs notes: Tokarski is in nets on the back end of a back to back.

And in honor of that one guy in the pre-GDT:

GO SENS GO!

Last edited:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
This goes without saying but...

Visitors to the board, BE RESPECTFUL. Trolling, flaming or general butt-hatttery will result in immediate thread banning AND an infraction.

Fans of the Senators, be respectful yourselves. Fans are allowed to visit and comment, as long as they are respectful. If they are, then you must extend the same courtesy. Failure to do so will result in the same punishment as stated above. Also, don't go over to their boards and be starting anything either. I imagine their mods are also on high alert and will tolerate very little.

Let's keep it clean and above the belt.

image148201.jpg

REMINDER: Tank talk during the GDT without context is expressively prohibited.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Really getting frustrating that Cameron insists on throwing Chiasson on the first line when Stone clearly belongs there. This needs to change.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
"Bobby Ryan and Nick Foligno are very similar players" - Don Brennan on the pre-game show

Xamar*

These are the kind of games that highlight the importance of guys like Neil and Smith's presence in the lineup. It's too bad they can barely play any hockey tho ..

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Stone has been pretty good all year while Chia can barely get an assist. I don't think there is any doubt as to who belongs in the top-6.

It is a toss up between Stone and Chia. Let me be perfectly honest, they are both damn good players with a lot of upside. I really believe Murray did well getting Chia in the trade. Chiasson is in a bit of a slump... but he is young and those will happen. The good thing about him is that he doesn't stop skating, hitting, and playing generally well. He also has no issue in crashing the net.

If Chiasson looked like crap and was put up on the first line, I might understand your annoyance, but he has been playing as well as Stone, especially of late.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't know about Chiasson

He's got upside but am I the only one who finds him to be consistently a step behind the play?

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Sportsnet is trying to make us feel better by showing top prospects pre game.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
It is a toss up between Stone and Chia. Let me be perfectly honest, they are both damn good players with a lot of upside. I really believe Murray did well getting Chia in the trade. Chiasson is in a bit of a slump... but he is young and those will happen. The good thing about him is that he doesn't stop skating, hitting, and playing generally well. He also has no issue in crashing the net.

If Chiasson looked like crap and was put up on the first line, I might understand your annoyance, but he has been playing as well as Stone, especially of late.

Stone had rough patch and was demoted methinks. He played his way off that line. He had a good game against Dallas and with another one tonight I'd be surprised if he wasn't back with Turris. Especially if Chiasson doesn't find any success there tonight. Stone has shown real chemistry with Turris and Mac, but he has to produce to keep that spot or coaches will start experimenting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad