Confirmed with Link: Collin Delia goalie 1 year 775k

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah I'm all for a Helle extension if he wants it. I think we just all assumed based on comments by the media he is gone. We won't find a better goalie anywhere else.

I don't mind paying him either. 9.75x5
But I hope we can get a better backup. I think Comrie would be available. Buffalo probably even retains 50% and takes future considerations.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Delia also played for Vancouver/Chicago under no defense. His numbers are going to be much better playing in Winnipeg. And clearly the Jets know that and that's why they gave him a one-way deal.

I don't know what makes you think Winnipeg's D is so good. And the D in front has only a small effect on sv%.

This guy has been no good in the AHL too.

He is 29 YO and has managed to accumulate just 52 NHL games. That tells s story right there.

nabby12

Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't know what makes you think Winnipeg's D is so good. And the D in front has only a small effect on sv%.

He is 29 YO and has managed to accumulate just 52 NHL games. That tells s story right there.

His goals saved above expectations stats and under fancy stats were same or better than Rittich. I'm not happy with the signing either, but he's at least a Rittich-quality goaltender, which isn't saying much.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
There’s a Hellebuyck replacement! Who says the market is soft on 30-year-old UFA goalies?

Capfriendly has him at 775k
I hope you have a good Canada Day. Thank you for your contributions to our board over the years.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Delia also played for Vancouver/Chicago under no defense. His numbers are going to be much better playing in Winnipeg. And clearly the Jets know that and that's why they gave him a one-way deal.

Yeah our goalies are some of the busiest in the NHL facing a load of shots. Without Helle we would likely be tanked every game. We are in no way shape or form a good defensive team.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
His goals saved above expectations stats and under fancy stats were same or better than Rittich. I'm not happy with the signing either, but he's at least a Rittich-quality goaltender, which isn't saying much.

I don't agree that he is Rittich quality. But that is arguing between bad and worse so who cares. I have no idea what goals saved above expectations is. And I have no expectation of finding out.

I only hope he is no higher than 3rd on our goalie depth chart.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
Welcome Delia!
67804B9A-633D-4173-BB11-13D5045D10F9.jpeg

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Canucks fan here in peace: I watched literally every second of his Canuck career and I'll tell ya what: you guys just signed the best 3rd goalie in the league. He basically outplayed both Canuck starters when he actually got the chance and, as is Canuck policy, did this with some terrible starts and with some truly awful performances in front of him with the whole team floating around sucking like black holes. When Demko went down he stepped right in and played well until... he had to take a couple of days off to have a baby. Came right back without really missing a beat. Had, maybe 5 bad games, the worst ones statistically were total team no-shows. Won a game in relief even. Won't care where he plays and if injuries hit at the NHL level he can step right in and contribute. An airtight insurance policy sez I...

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Makes one wonder how many agents told Chevy to go back to the lake cottage so he could pound sand. I am betting the number is high.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Canucks fan here in peace: I watched literally every second of his Canuck career and I'll tell ya what: you guys just signed the best 3rd goalie in the league. He basically outplayed both Canuck starters when he actually got the chance and, as is Canuck policy, did this with some terrible starts and with some truly awful performances in front of him with the whole team floating around sucking like black holes. When Demko went down he stepped right in and played well until... he had to take a couple of days off to have a baby. Came right back without really missing a beat. Had, maybe 5 bad games, the worst ones statistically were total team no-shows. Won a game in relief even. Won't care where he plays and if injuries hit at the NHL level he can step right in and contribute. An airtight insurance policy sez I...

Well that is good to hear. Hope you are right, including the 3rd goalie part.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad