Collin Bowman, D, Calgary Hitmen, WHL

DangerMan

@danlizee
Jun 4, 2007
Edmonton
whlthoughts.blogspot.com
Just wondering what his future is, if any in the NHL. I thought he looked like a decent prospect but went undrafted and doesn't seem to have a pro contract. What's up with him?

He's a player I'd wish the Oilers would offer a deal to. I'm guessing the 50 contracts limit plays a big part in should we or shouldn't we sign this guy. I know he went to the Rangers rookie camp last season and I would think he would get another look somewhere if the season had started on time if rookie camps weren't being cancelled. I think he has a very suitable pro game and someone looking for defensive depth should give Bowman a look.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I don't get it. I always really liked the kid. He's big, physical, not bad defensively and has a cannon of a shot. Really shocked that there hasn't been news about him atleast earning an AHL tryout or earning a contract in Europe.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also he is Drayson Bowman's bro of Carolina.

Sounds like the same situation with Forsberg, Corbett, and Gudbranson.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
He was very good at NYR training camp a year ago. Really surprised that he is not signed anywhere. :shakehead
Where is he playing next year? Still with the Hitmen?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Very surprised that he hasn't picked up somewhere. Unfortunately the Canes aren't really a candidate since they have pretty ridiculous defensive depth in the system right now and in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad