College Hockey Player Addition Potential

StutzlesTapeJob

Dec 22, 2008
Few questions for those in the know.

1) What is the date/timing when NHL teams can add undrafted/signed players from college hockey?

2) Are their any that might be a good fit for the pens? Anyone you have your eyes on who could contribute to the bottom 6 or our D?

3) this happens right? I didn't just make it up?

Mods: this is probably suited for roster building but everything is closed.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
1) They can be signed at any point but none will sign until their season is finished, not sure exactly when but it is pretty soon I think.

2) Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects. Hopefully Pens are in on a few guys but I don't think we're particular enticing to NCAA free agent prospects as the top ones will be looking to sign with weak teams, get some NHL games this year and start their Free Agent clock ticking.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
I've heard good things about Kenny Morrison. Big guy, heavy shot, has his senior year to go but at 23 might look to sign this year.

Ahti Oksanen's an interesting guy. Another big player who played Defense his first two years at BU, then shifted to left wing this year and played with Jack Eichel. Then he went back to D about a week ago, and scored two goals in his first game. He's got 22 goals in 32 games - Eichel has played a big part I'm sure - but his numbers away from Eichel as a defenseman aren't anything to sneeze at either.

Casey Bailey, a forward at Penn State supposedly has one of the best shots in college hockey. Couldn't tell you about the rest of his game, but he is another big player and NHL teams are pretty keen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad