College Hockey College Free Agent talk II

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I just hope they add one as either be a nice addition

this is not good news There is word Toronto is signing Dartmouth, NS native Jacob Quillan out of Quinnipiac. Won a national championship last year, lots of competition for his services this year.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Sweeney probably did not want Quillan he is not from Mass. The Bruins should have been all over this guy.

No reason at all to believe this . I'll admit, I am disappointed. Having watched a good bit of the tournament I think Quillan can be a solid 3rd line player in the NHL in time. I have little doubt the Bruins and probably 20 other NHL teams offered him exactly what Toronto did, and that player made his choice.

Let's see if they can get Graf. He might have a bit of a higher ceiling, but I don't think he has the same level of 200 foot game or just it factor. I also think he is a wing not Center, but that's fine they need wings as well . But again, every other team can offer him anything the Bruins can, and many can offer him things the Bruins can't (easy path to NHL). Then again I think he needs a year in the AHL either way

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
BruinsNetwork told us last night about Nelson, he's a big frigging dude,skates better than you'd think,blocks shots,wins faceoffs etc
I approve!

A big-bodied center, standing at 6-foot-4, Nelson put up a college career-best 19 goals and 31 points in 39 games for Minnesota as a fifth-year player in 2023-24.

The 24-year-old Nelson attended development camp with the Capitals in 2022, and reportedly turned down NHL offers in 2023 and decided to instead make one final run with the Golden Gophers after the team came up short against Quinnipiac in the 2023 NCAA national championship game down in Tampa.

That quest came to an end this past weekend with Minnesota’s loss to Boston University.

Reactions: Gordoff

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I was coming here to ask about Jack Malone thinking he was a free agent but looks like he was drafted. Maybe he'll go free agent route. He has been a very impressive player hidden behind the BC stars.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Sweeney probably did not want Quillan he is not from Mass. The Bruins should have been all over this guy.

Whose to say they weren't? If Quillan wants to stay as a center and is trying to be in the NHL next year, which group to do you think he has better chance of cracking next year?

Matthews
Tavares
Kampf
Holmberg
Jarnkrok

or......

Zacha
Coyle
Geekie
Beecher
Poitras

Reactions: TCB