NCAA: College Football season in peril

Sep 19, 2008
it was because of covid

plus the MAC really started the dominos

it was not about unions

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Finally official word from the Big Ten. Pac 12 looks like they're next. I think the ACC will be third. Once that happens, I think the Big 12 and SEC will be forced to follow suit. There's been nothing about what the NCAA intends to do with the playoff, but for once they could actually use their power here to force the issue.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I’m wondering is that if college football runs a spring season, NFL picks up the Saturdays they vacate (maybe some Friday’s), does college football reciprocate by scheduling spring Sundays?

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
colleges: shut down fall sports for the sake of the safety/health of the student athlete. Their best interest is key.

also, colleges: hey student athletes: don't worry! we can do spring football and we can get back to regularly scheduled football in Fall 2021! you don't mind playing 2 seasons in the span of 4-months..... right? Your body can handle it no problem.

srs tho I don't see many scenarios in which spring ball works. has a big butterfly effect. these conferences are punting and they know football logistically isn't happening in the spring.

SEC will probably be the last conference standing and I doubt they budge unless something unforeseen happens. They would absolutely love to be the only college football on TV. Would be a big opportunity for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleedblue1223

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
colleges: shut down fall sports for the sake of the safety/health of the student athlete. Their best interest is key.

also, colleges: hey student athletes: don't worry! we can do spring football and we can get back to regularly scheduled football in Fall 2021! you don't mind playing 2 seasons in the span of 4-months..... right? Your body can handle it no problem.

srs tho I don't see many scenarios in which spring ball works. has a big butterfly effect. these conferences are punting and they know football logistically isn't happening in the spring.

SEC will probably be the last conference standing and I doubt they budge unless something unforeseen happens. They would absolutely love to be the only college football on TV. Would be a big opportunity for them.
The SEC would play even if a few players died.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

If they do go with a spring season it has to be shorter than their typical 11 game season. Max 8 games.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Good to see some conferences have some sense. Too bad the ACC and SEC will have to go down kicking and screaming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad