Speculation: Collecting First Rounders

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Holland...Raddysh
Schroeder...Berube
Strome and Perlini...for Schmaltz
Koekkoek...Rutta

Now add Maatta to the list. Who is the next former 1st round pick to join the Hawks? Has Stan really lost any of these yet?

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
And another first round pick with Nylander. Is Stan waiting for people to run out of patience with these guys or what.

Can’t deny there is a slight trend going on with some of these acquisitions.

Is Puljujarvi next?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Poolparty sucks tho
Perlini is closer to suck than PoolParty.
Perlini is a weird player that needs to play with top talent in order to succeed at the NHL level. He's a guy that will score when he is placed with talent, and be utterly useless otherwise. Most of this is due to his poor hockey sense. Perlini is the definition of "million dollar talent, 10 cent head"

I think Puljujarvi has more significantly more hockey sense than Perlini, but is actually slightly less talented.
If the Oilers trade Puljujarvi for Perlini and staple Perlini with Draisaitl and McDavid, then they'll be happy. If they play him anywhere else, they'll be disappointed.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You say this as if I'm defending Perlini lol. That guy is a hack and the worst player on the team. Poolparty still sucks tho.
I know you don't like either. I think PoolParty's issues boil down to the Edmonton Effect.
Edmonton and Buffalo are a joke with Player Development. I'd take a former top 10 pick from either team in a heartbeat, even if I had to give up a player like Joki that was a bottom 3rd 1st rounder. The Hawks know what they're doing, the Oilers and Sabres don't.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I think Puljujarvi has more significantly more hockey sense than Perlini, but is actually slightly less talented.

No. Both of their hockey sense is poor (probably an edge to Puljujärvi there) but I would gladly argue Puljujärvi is the better talent. And his talent (as well as his age) is why I'd gamble on him much moreso than Perlini.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
No. Both of their hockey sense is poor (probably an edge to Puljujärvi there) but I would gladly argue Puljujärvi is the better talent. And his talent (as well as his age) is why I'd gamble on him much moreso than Perlini.
It's close talent wise. Age has a lot to do with it too. Both players had their development bungled, so I'm not sure. I admit that I've seen very little of Pulju outside of the WJC and international tournaments, and I've seen more of Perlini at the NHL level.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I would trade Perlini for some one with lower upside, but a more sure bet to be a bottom 6 high energy defensive player.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
This seems to be a trend beyond pro acquiring of Bowman. They like going after guys that had a history of high skill regard. Plenty of draft picks throughout their years lean more to guys who were hyped going into their drafts years even if they had less than anticipated seasons. Picks like Saad, Mitchell, and such are guys graded as 1st round talents the year before and the Hawks still go for that.

I cant say off my head how many guys are opposite of that they seek and draft, one year spike in performance guys arent the types they usually reach for.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
Puljujarvi couldn’t put it together playing with McDavid because of skating, also couldn’t put it together next to Drai. I have little hope for Pulju, drai figures it out with skating issues but it is much more than just skating issues with pulju, I wouldn’t give up Perlini for him

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Puljujarvi couldn’t put it together playing with McDavid because of skating, also couldn’t put it together next to Drai. I have little hope for Pulju, drai figures it out with skating issues but it is much more than just skating issues with pulju, I wouldn’t give up Perlini for him
It isn't like they have room for him anyway. They made their decision and went with Nylander. Puljujarvi isn't happening now.

ChicagoHockeyFan

Mar 3, 2019
It isn't like they have room for him anyway. They made their decision and went with Nylander. Puljujarvi isn't happening now.
Just giving my two cents on Puljujarvi, Perlini can at least skate and shoot well. Pulju does nearly nothing well

I agree, very low chance we get any more forwards.We need to move out Anisimov to clear space.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would just trade Perlini for a 3rd round pick at this point. There's no spot for him on the team, and I don't think you can get back a player of much worth so get a pick instead.

Although I also see a scenario in which Perlini is used as a sweetener for moving Anisimov. That'd be smart if it could be executed.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I would just trade Perlini for a 3rd round pick at this point. There's no spot for him on the team, and I don't think you can get back a player of much worth so get a pick instead.

Although I also see a scenario in which Perlini is used as a sweetener for moving Anisimov. That'd be smart if it could be executed.

I am game with adding Perlini to rid Anisimov

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad