Player Discussion Colin White - C/RW - PART III

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I assume Pinto gets the 2C role in a game or two … do we see a battle for 3C/4C between White and Tierney?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Anyways, I like him, look forward to him stepping up being a good middle six option. I like the idea of him and Paul together. If Sanford can’t match the required intensity of play, then perhaps it will be Ennis that fills in on the other side until a kid from Belleville is ready. Maybe Formenton can join the line to make a third line that has some insane speed.

I think a bottom line of Tierney Watson and Ennis could at least keep the puck out of the net, and Ennis is a puck per suit monster as well.

We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
100% what it should be.

DJ likely trusts Tierney more than White in any type of defensively leverage situation … I can’t see White beating out Tierney for a shut down role if that’s how DJ wants to setup his 3rd Line.

Reactions: DJB

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
White & Tierny just aren't good enough, they would do better by placing Paul at centre on that 3rd line & calling up Kastelic for the 4th. Not sure what they could get for either Tierny or White at this point.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
White & Tierny just aren't good enough, they would do better by placing Paul at centre on that 3rd line & calling up Kastelic for the 4th. Not sure what they could get for either Tierny or White at this point.

Kastellic may be a better 4C than either of these guys…unfortunately their combined ~$10 million will keep them in the lineup.

Reactions: aragorn

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Tierney will be just fine slotted as a 3C. He's been slotted above that for a lot of his time here and that's had mixed results at best. Locked in on a 3rd line where he belongs, he'll be fine

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
43% on face offs last night vs 54% for Pinto. #Pinto42C #Tierney43C

3RD F of the team for PP minutes and no PK minutes. 1 Hit … Pointless.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
43% on face offs last night vs 54% for Pinto. #Pinto42C #Tierney43C

3RD F of the team for PP minutes and no PK minutes. 1 Hit … Pointless.

Anyone that thinks White has an even remote chance of being the number 2 centre on this team is completely delusional.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
A c needs to win faceoffs. We need puck possession. White could be a nice rw option, so hopefully that's what he transitions to full time.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Anyone that thinks White has an even remote chance of being the number 2 centre on this team is completely delusional.

Is there anyone saying that at this point? Obviously he won't be longterm. When you see with who he was playing yesterday. We can debate that he is the 4th already. Tierney is above him in the coaches mind ans Pinto as surpass him.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Is there anyone saying that at this point? Obviously he won't be longterm. When you see with who he was playing yesterday. We can debate that he is the 4th already. Tierney is above him in the coaches mind ans Pinto as surpass him.

They can't pump Tierney for a return on a trade playing on the 4th line and he is a capable 3C.
I'd play White over Sanford at 3RW at this point. He has to get his work boots on though.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
They can't pump Tierney for a return on a trade playing on the 4th line and he is a capable 3C.
I'd play White over Sanford at 3RW at this point. He has to get his work boots on though.

Who's the LW? I'm questionning myself trying to make line but I can't.

You have Tkachuk, Timmy, Formy and Paul.

I really like Formenton with Norris and Bath after seeing it. Could Tkachuk play there? It won't really be considee a 3rd line if he's with them. Also, i would be interested to see Tkachuk-Paul-White. That would be a good grindy line. White can play the center position after the faceoff is taken.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Is next offseason the last chance to buy white out at 1/3rd salary or the one after that?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
White is the only vet (other than Bath) who didn’t get a sniff of the PK - 0:00 PKTOI.

I wonder what DJ is saving him for ? Or why he won’t try it?

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I paid special attention to White last night and have to say, his game was just fine.

Sure he didn't score but he almost did off a deflection and then a rebound...had some nice passes and carried the puck well. Was in good position, etc...

A solid 3C night all around outside of the FO%.

That said, it may be better if White can move to the wing where that simple game is more effective.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Who's the LW? I'm questionning myself trying to make line but I can't.

You have Tkachuk, Timmy, Formy and Paul.

I really like Formenton with Norris and Bath after seeing it. Could Tkachuk play there? It won't really be considee a 3rd line if he's with them. Also, i would be interested to see Tkachuk-Paul-White. That would be a good grindy line. White can play the center position after the faceoff is taken.

He could but they won't drop him out of the top 6. Formenton Paul White would be an effective line but that would still drop Tierney to 4c if Pinto comes in at 2C. Paul Tierney White maybe. But it would be better with Formenton Tierney Paul
and move White to 4C... So I guess its a question of trying to get the best return for Tierney , or giving White a chance to succeed. I don't think one vs the other at 3C or 4C amounts to more pts in the standings

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah I don’t mind white as the 3C. Might like him better as the 3RW

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t think he has been on the ice for a goal yet - he has a tendency to suck the life out of his line mates, especially as a Center.

There can be some danger playing him with Paul or Formenton or whoever we think might produce down the lineup.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

There are some that still believe White is a top 6 forward.

Its laughable

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
There are some that still believe White is a top 6 forward.

Its laughable

I have no idea how anyone can watch him play and think he’s top 6, middle 6 , or even better … will ever put up any positive value on his contract.

We still hear the excuses that …

A) he’s hurt
B) he needs good wingers

I love that I get a PM every time he makes a pass or gets a shot on net. Like it’s some massive achievement.

We blew his development when we let him skip dominating the AHL and gifted him a roster spot without earning it in training camp. $36 mill CDN later this is what we have.

The kid will be fine … he’s worth more than my street. He appears content to ride out the path of least resistance.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
3 more years after this one on White’s contract. He seems like a great glue guy in the room but I can’t see him surviving the summer if he’s sub par again this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad