Prospect Info: Colin Miller

Albi

Nov 24, 2004
Claro - Switzerland
I didn't start this thread because I think the kid can solve our defensive woes. However he completely flew under my radar, I was scrolling down the page of the AHL scoring leaders when I saw him.
Dude is having a breakthrough campaign offensively, and it's just his second year in the minors. He is not a giant but has decent size. Besides, he's been selected to play in the AHL All Star Game.

I just wanted to ask our friends in MCH howd is his defensive game, if he's a good skater and of course if he's got NHL potential.

Thanks in advance

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
His Defensive game needs work, just like Ebert. One more year in the AHL playing top minutes will do him very good, just like Ebert.

You can say the same for Gravel as well. I feel Gravel has the higher hockey IQ out of Miller/Ebert, but those two (Miller/Ebert) are wizards with the puck on their stick. All three diffently have NHL potential, provided they continue to work hard, and improve.

Forbort is ready I feel, he is the most consistent guy on the ice nightly. Positioning is sound, his stick work/Reach is good. Forbort is not going to wow anyone with numbers; but he sound defensively, good skater, size/reach. Forbort will keep pucks on the outside, and out of the middle of the ice.

Last edited:

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
His Defensive game needs work, just like Ebert. One more year in the AHL playing top minutes will do him very good, just like Ebert.

You can say the same for Gravel as well. I feel Gravel has the higher hockey IQ out of Miller/Ebert, but those two (Miller/Ebert) are wizards with the puck on their stick. All three diffently have NHL potential, provided they continue to work hard, and improve.

Forbort is ready I feel, he is the most consistent guy on the ice nightly. Positioning is sound, his stick work/Reach is good. Forbort is not going to wow anyone with numbers; but he sound defensively, good skater, size/reach. Forbort will keep pucks on the outside, and out of the middle of the ice.
I think this is a fair assessment. I would add that both Miller and Ebert are right handed, which seems to be in short supply.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Well, Forbort will be getting crucified here next season then, just like Muzzin was his first couple of seasons.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Colin Miller just won both the fastest skater with time of 13.805 and hardest shot with a shot of 105.5 mph (a AHL record) at the AHL All Stars skills competition.

In conclusion, he's fast and he can shoot! :yo:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Colin Miller just won both the fastest skater with time of 13.805 and hardest shot with a shot of 105.5 mph (a AHL record) at the AHL All Stars skills competition.

In conclusion, he's fast and he can shoot! :yo:

Obviously, some raw talent to work with there. If any development program can turn him into a solid NHL defenseman, it's the Kings' program.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Muzzin might have to give up his number :sarcasm:

ThunderousWindyHumpbackwhale.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Colin Miller is so under-the-radar that he doesn't even have a prospect thread on the Prospects board :laugh:

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Wow, I haven't been keeping up with our prospects as much as I usually do this year, but that's impressive! Not only his shot, but I also loved his skating in the speed competition. He's a very fluid skater.

richardn

Mar 6, 2004
Sault Ste. Marie
Colin Miller is so under-the-radar that he doesn't even have a prospect thread on the Prospects board :laugh:

If you think he's under the radar it's nothing new to him. Read this article it highlights his journey to making the OHL. This was a kid cut from lots of teams and enrolled in local high school hockey not to long ago. Even his sucsess in the OHL went under the radar but very well respected amongst OHL coaches enough so to win him the coaches choices award winner of most under rated player in the Western conference in his over age season. That year he also won the captains award for the league for the captain that best exemplified leadership skills both on and off the ice.

http://www.saultstar.com/2010/09/10/miller-enjoying-one-of-those-rags-to-riches-stories

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If you think he's under the radar it's nothing new to him. Read this article it highlights his journey to making the OHL. This was a kid cut from lots of teams and enrolled in local high school hockey not to long ago. Even his sucsess in the OHL went under the radar but very well respected amongst OHL coaches enough so to win him the coaches choices award winner of most under rated player in the Western conference in his over age season. That year he also won the captains award for the league for the captain that best exemplified leadership skills both on and off the ice.

http://www.saultstar.com/2010/09/10/miller-enjoying-one-of-those-rags-to-riches-stories

Love it thanks so much for sharing.

All I remember reading at the time of the draft was work, massive improvement, and character. Glad to see he's continually building on those tools and the foundation of his success.

strongbad

Apr 22, 2007
I saw that yesterday, and it was insane. Dude is so under the radar and he's just 22. He may one day be able to clock that shot to Shea Weber level in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad